or
Create an account

or

Thread Can the Alesis MultiMix mixers send each track separately to a DAW???

• 5 replies
  • 5 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Can the Alesis MultiMix mixers send each track separately to a DAW???
Does anyone know if you can split each channel out to a separate track in a recording software like Cubase or Acid? I want to assign Track 1 to record channel 1, track 2 to record channel 2, and so on. Or does it all just run into your recording software as one big stereo lump?? If you can separate it out, I'm buying it today. I have the Mackie Onyx 1220 at home, but I want to be able to go out and record large vocal groups, and don't want to break down all my equipment at home and take it with me.

EZ
I think so. i just bought a io|14 and it does. The multimix mixers have the same dice II chip, and i assume that its function is to stream lots of audio down firewire cables.
The firewire ones will yes, but the USB versions only take the two master output tracks.
Hope that helped
Hey EZ,
I just bought an Alesis Multimix Firewire, and it can record each track onto a separate track in Cubase LE, which comes with it. However, I am using a laptop which I had to add a firewire port to, and when I record, upon playback, I get skipping. Not sure about why, maybe this setup (the laptop with the add-on firewire port) can't handle that much data at once. But it will definitely allow you to assign separate channels to separate tracks.

Hope this helps,
Rich
Mine tends to do that sometimes, usually when i have too many devices plugged into the computer... and when i was installing it i found that one of the firewire ports on the cheap card i'd bought was dead completley. As long as you have a good enough computer and a decent firewire card you should be fine.
i have an alesis multimix 8 i just got for christmas, im still working out all the little small details, but i do believe you can seperate each track. If you figure out how to, let me know. im waiting for my new computer before i buy the firewire set up.
Dan