or
Create an account

or

Thread Quiet bounced tracks, any help please!!??

• 5 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Quiet bounced tracks, any help please!!??
I was wondering if any one else has found after recording a band

guitar, bass, and drums, all individually

we got a fairly decent sound with a quick mixbut when we bounced the tracks down to disk, the sound when compared to other "professional" tracks ours were a lot quieter, is there any way to sort this problem out, thanks.

We think its something to do with Pro tools LE, but not entirely sure, any suggestions?

we are aiming to use these tracks as demo and gig getting jobs.

if i can find a free hosting site i will post a track for people to hear, though we havent recorded vox yet to an ill singer!!

any help would be appriciated.
Make sure your final mix is as close to 0db as you can get it. If it's still not loud enough, add some compression. Don't overdo it, though, or you'll suck the life out of your track!!
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD
thanks on getting back axeman. we had done what you said, got it as loud as it will go without clipping and without losing the depth in the mix, then added a little compression but stil when compared to tracks in media player ours is noticeably quieter.

i uploaded what i got here http://www.mixposure.com/song.php?songid=23618

is this a pro tools LE (as it is a free piece of sotware when buying hardware) stopping people useing it as a professional piece of kit?

and will this hinder chances of getting gigs or people not wanting to listen to our demo??

thanks on an expected reply.

:-)
Ok, then, if you already did that stuff, then you are to the point where I would recommend professional mastering. That is a large part of what they do, get the levels up.

It's not entirely about your software, 0db is 0db everywhere, so what you need is to get your mix to somebody who is skilled at getting the levels up without squashing the life out of your track.

All the pro's will tell you that mastering is not for amatures. I've seen this myself as my own tracks aren't quite as loud as I'd like, either. :cool:
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD
OK thanks, will consider it, it was just really the shock of comparing it to other tracks as its one of the first tracks we have recorded at home.

what do you think of the quality?? i posted a link above...

erm... and yea depending on money we may get it mastered...

thanks for helping out a young un like myself!!!!! im only 18 as are most of the band, so cheers for your help!!!

Charlie
check out this plugin .. it works great with pro tools http://www.elementalaudio.com/products/inspectorxl/

basically it's a multimeter .. if i was you i would take a track that you think sounds loud enough (any professionally mastered track) and drop it into protools put the IXL multimeter on that track , now analyze it .. it will prob read around 3-4 +db .. now go back to your mix and put the plugin on your master track.. then simply just raise your level to match thet , if clipping or distortion accours just simply EQ the freq thaat are clipping , maybee throw in a compressor and or a limiter, play around with it