or
Create an account

or

Thread Looking for opinions on Behringer Mixers

• 16 replies
  • 9 participants
  • 2 followers
1 Looking for opinions on Behringer Mixers
I am looking into buying a cheaper mixer for simplistic recording of my drums to my mac, for home recreational use only.

I am looking at the Behringer UB-1204FX and the UB1204. Is it worth getting spending the extra few bucks and getting the fx? or does the built in fx suck on these mixers?

also... any opinions on the sound quality of these mixers???

thanks!!
Show first post
If you have cubase and the ability to hook up all the mics threw your audio interface you dont need a mixer just use the one in cubase the sound quality will be much better.:):):)

%1$s a écrit If you have cubase and the ability to hook up all the mics threw your audio interface you dont need a mixer just use the one in cubase the sound quality will be much better.:):):)

1) 3-year old topic. you are a bit late...
2) you're wrong. sound quality comes from mics and pre-amps. and sadly (for you) cubase has no pre-amps.
Ok you got me on the 3 year old topic, If you had read my statement you would have noticed the words audio interface IE firepod and a vast amount of others which already comes with decent pre amps which all can be mix down in cubase or protools and others which is considered more accurate mixing. As far as quality of sound it will be only as good as the weakest link. agreed the mics and pre amps are big part of it but not the only part. (sadly for you) reading is only a concept, back at you! :/:/
audio interfaces are about ad/da converters. that's what you pay for.

built-in pre-amps are usually cheap opamps an a buffer to correct signal impedence. not much quality here, noise levels are quite high... unless you want to go on serious equipment, but this is not the case.

also, an audio interface with more than 4 pres, is quite expensive, and since this guy was looking for a cheap way to record drums, using a mixer gives him the best choice of quality and price.

so again, if you say "the sound quality will be much better", i say, you're wrong.
I totally agree. they are cheap compared to high end ones. I was going for the lesser of two evils. Adding a cheap ass mixer like that into the mix will make it even worse. Here again assuming on my part they had a half way decent interface and mics. can't get any less expensive then using what you already have and not adding something that will make it worse. so lets just say our goal is the the same. besides why would he need a mixer for a roland spd-s sampler?
hey ra7or

that's to bad! well maybe Ill see you over here some time.

[url][/url]http://studio-central.com/phpbb/index.php?sid=9fdb397f6e84c15c810800f0ed811512[url][/url]

later :):)
Short and sweet, are behringer good mixers at a reasonable price? The answer is yes! Are they professional and are they going to be with you for years to come? The answer is no. Plus the ultra low noise thing is rubbish, if they have to put that in the specifications its enough for me. but i didn't know this when i bought one. i now have a pioneer! oh yeah, the effects, bollock, you don't need them
I'm so thankful for all the help i recieved when i was starting out clueless. And now i want to pass it on. It really is a beautiful online community we producers have.