Create an account

or

Thread looking to start recording bands live

• 11 replies
  • 6 participants
  • 0 follower
1 looking to start recording bands live
Hi.

I'm (relatively) new to some of this, some of this is very old hat to me. I recently purchased a UR-80, and i want to do some live recording of local bands either in their rehersal spaces, or out in local clubs. I have an iBook 800mHz , 356 Ram and two relatively cheap-o mics...I also have an external 8 channel mixer which I could use with more microphones.

my biggest questions are: will I be in trouble with just the two inputs? or will mixing some of the channels externally (and therefore, of course, non editable except as a group track) be okay.

Also, while I plan to do the first few for free, and offer a cd of the performance, how much do you think I should charge thereafter?

Does $150.00 sound reasonable?

and, last but not, crertainly least, what software would YOU use/

Thanks in advance.[/img][/url]
Show first post
well right now, im going the route if the "GOOD" stereo mic, been looking at a few..... audio technica 822 or 825

fits my current budget....the 825 can be run off phantom power or AA, and the 822 can only run off of AA. i really WANT a shure vp88....right now its out of my $$$ range though

keep learning, its what im trying to do
Has anyone had any experience with the Korg D-888 for recording bands live? I'm considering going that route as I am also starting to get into this sort of thing but i have read some less than wonderfull things about some condenser mics having noise problems when used with the D-888. I intend to do a lot of acoustic things so I'll want to use nice quiet phantom powered mics.