or
Create an account

or

Thread Ideal way to get crisp, believable distorted guitar tone with VSTs?

• 4 replies
  • 4 participants
  • 4 followers
1 Ideal way to get crisp, believable distorted guitar tone with VSTs?
I've recently moved back in with my family and thus cannot mic my guitar cab to record. While I have some experience with VSTs, I could never get a distorted guitar sound with a full low end that sounded like a real, hard rock guitar. Are there any tricks to try out or any go-to plugins around that can make getting such a sound possible? thanks.
I often use Le Pou's plugins. They have spectacular free plugins. I downloaded these cab and head sims and have been very pleased with the sound quality, especially with the LE456
Hi liveandletdie,

I was really surprised by the Yamaha THR10. It's a desktop modeling amp, it's awesome. I think there's 2 other models as well, but the THR10 is the most versatile one. Check it out.

Hope this helps.
-T
By the way, you could also build an guitar amp isolation box. Take a look at this video.
Quote from Torsten:
I was really surprised by the Yamaha THR10. It's a desktop modeling amp, it's awesome. I think there's 2 other models as well, but the THR10 is the most versatile one.

That's not a bad amp for how small it is, but unless you have distortion pedals, there's no way you can get a good enough crunch unless gain and master volume is 10, which defeats the purpose if you're living w your parents. But it's certainly a nice sounding practice amp