Ensoniq ASR-10

All user reviews for the Ensoniq ASR-10

( 4.9/5 based on 13 reviews )
11 reviews
Audience: Advanced users Value For Money : Excellent

Ensoniq ASR-10Published on 10/31/08 at 16:00
    Everything you'd need in one place. The only knock to me is minited amount of tracks in the sequencer. 8 tracks plus 8 song tracks.

Price paid

1,500 in 1997

The interface is limited but it easily gets the job done. It took me a minute to learn it because it was my first instrument but after you get the hang it's a breeze. The manual has all the answers

It's built like a tank, very solid. I haven't had any problems with the keys/buttons.

The sound is great, it also has a lot of editing possibilities. Resampling at a lower rate, onboard effects, etc.

Price paid

1,500 in 1997

I tried to sell it once but I got my mind right, It's definitely a classic. My kids will be playing it, I'm keeping mine.

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
    Posted by: Unknown ( 7-, 2003)

Ensoniq ASR-10Published on 10/31/08 at 16:00
    Very satisfied. has a super easy sequencer (use the pedal...its cool) and the effects are the best i've heard in a keyboard. only thing missing is probably the wave editing features and more sequencing tracks and outputs (16 would be nice)

price paid

$2200.00 (us dollars)

That really depends on the person and this board is fairly old now. it does not have the editing features that the new joints have so that may hurt most electronic muscians. this board works with you and not against you. for me.....it lets me express what i need with all the power it has to do so.

price paid

$2200.00 (us dollars)

for a gig......no way!!!! but then again it depends on the type of music you play.....if you play keys (like in a band or whatnot) then i say yes.....but if you do hip-hop and you play your sequences on this board then you are in big trouble!!! you have to save all things to disk and it takes a few minutes to load all the sounds of a sequence (or song) and that is murder to a hip-hop head! for a live gig (band) you can pre-load all the sounds (up to 8) and then you can swithch between them very easy. never used customer support.

Superb (no real hiss)! it really has no sounds in it but the sounds that came with it are cool to start with (i make hip-hop and new age) but the excellent thing about this is that you can load so many libraries from other models.....so nice! as i said above...the effects are great! i would like more outputs with out the expander (cost like 250 bucks!!) like 16 outs would be ideal....but probably not gonna happen!!!! (lol)

I have used and purchased many a board and nothing really comes close to the asr-10! i have a motif and i dont even mess with it much but to sample from (into the asr) or just use it for background textures and what not. if you are looking to have a tight package for production of hip-hop, this is probably the best on the market still......remember that its near 20 years old (according to the manual)

originally posted on futureproducers.com
    posted by: unknown (january 1-, 2003)

Ensoniq ASR-10Published on 10/31/08 at 16:00
    This was my first real production tool and it tought me evrything i needed to know to apply to more advanced synths and stuff. considering the time it was manufactured....this piece was way more thn a triton or trinity in reference. bu now there is stuff that will do everything this piece can do plus some.

price paid: $550 usd

A drugged monkey can sequence and sample with this thing.....piece of cake!!!

Has great sound quality but it tends to "color" the stuff you put into it a little bit. it has a very warm rich sound which can be hard to match up with say a korg triton if your using it with other machines.

I's built …

price paid: $550 usd

A drugged monkey can sequence and sample with this thing.....piece of cake!!!

I's built like a friggin tank!! the first day i had it, my buddy dropped it off a shelfe in his room. it put a huge hole in the wall...when i plugged it all in and tested, no problems. a tank i tell you

i couldnt live without it.

originally posted on futureproducers.com
    posted by: eleveight ( 1-, 2006)