MakeMusic! Announces Finale 2010
MakeMusic has announced Finale 2010, the next version of their music notation software.
The company says vast areas of Finale have been updated for 2010. From Percussion Notation and Chord Entry to Rehearsal Marks and Measure Numbering, common tasks have been automated and simplified to save you time and to easily make your music perfect, according to MakeMusic.
Here's a list of the new features they announced:
- Percussion Notation: MakeMusic simplified the process of getting notes on percussion staves to look – and playback – exactly the way you want them to.
- Chords: Change or delete notes without changing your chords. Attach chords to measures – whether or not they contain notes or rests – and have the chords appear and playback correctly.
- Garritan sounds: Finale now includes more than 350 instrument sounds from the makers of Garritan Personal Orchestra. Free new sounds include organ, a variety of electric guitars, five octaves of handbells, and a brush drum kit.
- Automatic Rehearsal Marks: Use a keystroke to enter rehearsal marks and Finale automatically sequences them correctly and dynamically updates them when you delete, insert, or move any rehearsal mark or measure.
- Music Education Worksheets: Finale now includes hundreds of ready-made, customizable, music education worksheets designed for K-12 students.
- Graphics Support: Export as .JPEG, and .PNG and import as .JPEG, .PNG, .BMP, and .GIF in addition to previously supported formats of .TIFF, .EPS.
- Broadway Copyist: Inspired by the golden era of handwritten Broadway scores, the Broadway Copyist hand-written font offers a lighter, classic appearance.
- VST/AU Support & Updated Aria Player: Finale now supports all third-party VST/AU Instruments and Effects. Updated for Finale 2010, the Garritan Aria Player simplifies the process of changing MIDI channel assignments.
- Measure Numbers: Control measure number alignment, positioning, and fonts separately in your score and linked parts.
- Scanning Improvements and More: New Smartscore Lite scanning interface enables you to specify the instrumentation so that your staves will automatically be properly transposed and configured for playback. Also new are transparent selection handles, exporting lyrics to a word-processing document, and improved help documentation.
Pricing & Availability
Finale 2010 costs $600 for new customers and from $99.95 for existing customers (limited time pre-order pricing).
Viewers of this article also read...
- knobster Releases Slitch knobster has announced the release of Slitch, a free VST instrument plug-in for Windows for the manipulation of audio files.
- ColourEQ Updated to v1.1 DDMF has updated ColourEQ to v1.1
- Voxengo Tube Amp 2 Voxengo has released version 2.0 of Tube Amp, an update that includes x64 and Mac OS X versions.