Audio-Technica unveils at AES 2014 in Los Angeles a brand new hand built large diaphragm condenser microphone for instrument.
Available per unit or pair, the new AT5045 features a circuit that, according to Audio-Technica, is reduced to its essentials for an ultra-compact Stick-type format and a wide dynamic range. It can be used to capture percussions, overheads, acoustic guitars, strings, and more. Audio-Technica also adds that the AT5045 uses the largest diaphragm AT can currently offer.
A special shockmount is also available to offer isolation, dampening of unwanted mechanical noises and easy positioning.
- Polarized condenser and large diaphragm side-address instrument microphone
- Discrete components
- Cardioid polar pattern
- Frequency response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Impedance: 100 Ohms
- Sensitivity: -35dB (17.7mV) re 1V/Pa
- Max input level: 149dB SPL, 1kHz @ 1% THD
- Typical dynamic range: 141dB, 1kHz at max SPL
- Signal/noise ratio: 86dB, 1kHz @ 1 Pa
- 48V phantom power required
- Transformer-coupled output
- Dimensions: 177 x 25mm
- Weight: 197g
- Hand built
Pricing announced is 1299€ excl. taxes for a single AT5045, 2499€ excl. taxes for a pair and 249€ excl. taxes for the shockmount. Visit eu.audio-technica.com for more details.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Special offers at Waves for this Saturday Today only, Waves offers special discounts on their Trueverb and Greg Wells PianoCentric plugins as well as API Collection bundle.
- IGS releases 576 Blue Stripe IGS has released its new 576 Blue Stripe compressor unit, first introduces sooner this year at MusikMesse.
- 50% Off Four MeldaProduction Plugins This week only, MeldaProduction offers their MPowerSynth, MFreeformEqualizer, MAutoEqualizer and MMultiBandPhaser plugins at half price.