• Increase or decrease font size
  • RSS

All user reviews of 5/5 for the Crate GT212

Average Score:4.8( 4.8/5 based on 4 reviews )
 3 reviews75 %

2x12"
3 Channels: Solo, Rhythm, Clean
Footswitch included

USE

It couldn't be easier to use. You can get a good sound right away, without the need of the manual. The latter is pretty clear, though, and it's more than enough to use the amp correctly. It even provides some basic settings that are okay to start out.

SOUND

I play metal and its sound is perfect for this type of music. The solo channel is exactly what I expected, with a heavy and precise sound. The clean one is also good, it sounds fine. The only reproach I'd make will be regarding the Rhythm channel, which lacks "punch" for my taste (that's why I give it 9/10 points).

I've had it for two weeks and I already have the sounds I want and I can't get enough of them. This amp is an excellent value for money = Awesome sound for little money.
cacaii01/19/2006

cacaii's review

Crate GT212
120 w solid-state amp with 2 12" speakers (excellent)
Very comprehensive connections
Only one reverb

USE

Very easy to dial in.
3 channels, one clean, one with overdrive and one solo with other types of distortion.
The EQ controls are very effective.
You can get the sound you want in a couple of minutes.

SOUND

Excellent for clean sounds: I realized I have a good guitar!!!
For distorted sounds it's okay, but nothing special (with simple-coil pickups).

I've had it for a month, it's great for rehearsals, not too heavy and effective, a no-frills amp.
It's excellent for the price. What can I say about its value for money? I wont' sell it!
MGR/jrpage06/21/2004

MGR/jrpage's review"Crate GT212"

Crate GT212
I bought this amp from music123 for $300.00. I got it at that price because I ordered another amp that was $300.00 but they were out of those amps so they gave me this one for that price. I bought it because I needed an amp that could be heard while playing with drums.

It's great. The 3 footswithable channels are really nice. The switching between channels is so smooth you hardly know you switched. There's no pause in the switching so when you need to make a precise switch, the amp doesn't get in the way. It also puts out great distortion. I love Crate distortion. It fits perfectly with my style of play and is great for solos. It's also freakin' loud. I haven't turned it up all the way yet, and I still get blown away by its power.

The reverb springs rattle when you bump it hard or give it a little jerk. It's not that big of a deal and I'm sure it doesn't effect the amp at all, but it still kind of makes me nervous. It's also really heavy so it kinda sucks lugging it around to friends houses. I would suggest getting wheels to put on it.

No problems. It's built pretty sturdy from what I can tell.

Buy it.