Peavey TransTube 112 EFX

Peavey TransTube 112 EFX : fred806's user review

• Partager
Transistor amplifier (Transtube)
Power: 65 Watts
Connectors: 2 line-in, a effects loop, a connecting stereo footswitch (channel clear / sat + reverb), an External Speaker output (usable as line out)
Settings: Bass / Mid / Treble for each channel, setting Pre-Gain (the amount of saturation) and post-gain (volume) for the channel full. Trash button to saturate the gain and the bottom. Button "Bright" on the clean channel to increase the treble.

Configuration is very simple, we get easily the sound you desire.
I never had a look at the manual ...

For cons, the knobs wear out after several years, the gain setting and walking crackles badly on my model.

This amp suits my style of music and at my level (medium).
I use a Washburn N2 for large distorted sounds (except the knobs on the bottom at least medium) or on a clear channel for its warm enough.
Bright button allows a crystalline sound very clear, I am not a fan, I prefer to reduce the medium and treble a bit to have a rounder sound very pleasant.
The weakness of this amp is the reverb really sucks.
Another shortcoming: it gives off a lot of blows in full, nothing to do. It is rather unpleasant to use.

I use it for 6 years.
I love the big sound mostly saturated.
I do not like the reverb.
The most important is its value: At that price (2000F 6 years ago) it is hard to beat in an optical metal.

For its price, it has done its job, but do not ask him to get the perfect sound for the price.