Fender Custom Shop Fat '50s Stratocaster Pickups
Fender Custom Shop Fat '50s Stratocaster Pickups
Stratfan7 Stratfan7

« Can you deal with the hum? »

Published on 09/18/13 at 18:51
See if you guys can help me out, what would be the best noiseless alternative for the CS fat 50s middle pick up? I say this because I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT, but I am too conscious of the hum, which I should not, since it is only used in clean tones when I play, but if I wanted to replace it with either a Fender or Seymour Duncan alternative, can anyone, if you have tried and compared yourself, let me know if you found a good substitute, that preserves the chime and warm bass response? I know about the silent backplates, but they dont work on the middle pick up since it is RWRP. I would pull it out of my guitar if and only if I can find a very close sub.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks.