Fender Custom Shop Fat '50s Stratocaster Pickups
Fender Custom Shop Fat '50s Stratocaster Pickups
Wikoléo Wikoléo
Published on 11/09/14 at 03:20
I've been using it for 5 months.
Really awesome! Great punch, nice sensitivity, a nice Fender sound!
You can go from blues to rock and even punk, psych...
It's that good.

It's true that the bridge pickup is grinding, but I love it! You need to adjust it because the highs can be too much.
The neck pickup is wonderful, very Jimi Hendrix-like, the one in the middle does a good job.
I tried also others, like the Texas (too SRV), the noiseless (too modern), and the '54s (too soft). The FAT '50s were the best!

Their only defect is that they are too expensive. Personally, I had a burnt pickup, the center one (which was very bizarre!), but when I tested the '50s on my guitar, I was converted! They are awesome with a Vox AC15 cc1!

I love these pickups!