Fender Tex-Mex Strat Pickups
Fender Tex-Mex Strat Pickups

Tex-Mex Strat Pickups, Stratocaster guitar pickup from Fender.

angus90 09/26/2012

Fender Tex-Mex Strat Pickups : angus90's user review

«  Very good choice for upgrading a strat »

Value For Money : Correct
I use them for 4 years on my strat, alder body and maple neck.

They replace the original ceramic pickups. I was motivated primarily by their very reasonable price at the time. (I did not have the budget for texas special)

I was pleasantly surprised by the microphones, they are exactly the sound I wanted: it is powerful enough, rather sharp, with a bold interesting. Media more "aggressive" than strat "standard".

They are equally at home in its clear that distortion, although I prefer to crunch in my plexi ceriatone 1987. You can tickle the Hendrix, SRV without problem. The neck pickup excels in lead, with a tube screamer, it's just awesome!

Another thing you can play the volume knob on the guitar to switch to a clean crunch, it responds very well (along with the plexi 1987 lends itself well to this game too!)

The middle position is also very interesting, something quite rare for the note, she has a good character that I can not find on any strat (modern or old for that matter)

on the other hand, it remains the single coils, so this is a bit violent hard rock and metal, forget .. They are sensitive to noise, but with aluminum shielding in the cavity of the guitar: no more buzz!

So, I am fully satisfied, I do not even think about climbing texas special.

In summary, a very good investment for those who want to upgrade the stratosphere without breaking the bank!