All user reviews of 5/5 for the Behringer Multicom Pro-XL MDX4600
CroMignon's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)
* The general configuration is simple?
Yes, no problem.
* Editing of sounds and effects is easy?
Yes and really effective.
* The manual is clear and sufficient?
Not very clear. It is in testing we see all the optimum settings after DSE.
* Effects are they effective, responsive and realistic enough?
Enormously effective without destroying the sound.
* Which instruments do you use?
Keyboard, guitar and BAR
* Which ones do you prefer, you hate?
Everything is good.
Really stunning and damn effective. Rendering literally transforming the instrument. Especially the dynamics.
A very good investment very affordable as I do it again without problem.
1 of 2 people found this review helpful
Blue Jester's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)
My opinion is just one of a kind which, in song:
- Was tired of direct feedback due to a too high volume because we did not hear him when he sang pretty low volume
- Was tired, conversely, the crests of farting when he drove a good face ...
This is where the miracle of dynamic compression, a pretty good idea in theory but is rather difficult to handle ...
Well no! With this compressor, there is rather easy.
- The first gate is knob (basically, if the input signal level is below the level you mentioned, it is literally off (gate mode) or attenuated (in expander mode)).
- The second knob, the sensibility from which noise the compressor must get going.
- The third knob, the compression ration: basically, it is hard left, no compression (the output level will vary between 0db and-infinity *), it is hard right, compression donf to (the level of output varira and therefore between-1db 0db *)
- The fourth knob, the output volume when the signal processed
- The 5th knob, a limiter (if your output level exceeds 0 dB, it will automatically reset to the desired maximum not to saturate)
This is for all 4 channels ...
Well since my song is compressed, it dismantled: the volume of my voice is much more homogeneous, it happens to cover the rest of the music no problem whatever the intensity of my voice ...
Therefore relatively simple child. The meters are of great help to set the camera.
on the other hand, high volume, it blows ...
But to begin in the compression is exactly what you need, not too many adjustments, or not enough
Also important: compressing your signal, you significantly reduce the chances of feedback ... since you do not need to put a volume of pigs when you play moderately.
And as usual Behringer, connections: input / output jack and XLR ...
* Figures intentionally incorrect, but if it can give you an idea ...
11 of 11 people found this review helpful
killer2k2's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)
Config super simple, efficient compressor for vocals, bass, cello, bass drum
Compression is transparent, thank you behringer.
Utlise live as the stud c product is huge, I say a big well done that one swallow does not offer us for trivia compressor hyper efficient and simple -> 10/10!!
3 of 4 people found this review helpful
tenebras's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)
There are many functions, but they are all well explained in the manual. everything is rather well done on this unit. It is important to note that there is no built-in preamp and it can therefore be used in insert (if you connect a microphone directly into it, the signal is too low).
Once in the past have a voice among other incredible fishing (I am not exaggerating). and although the attack and release are not really configurable, pre-automatic settings are very well done, the signal is compressed at the speed you need and do not include compression.
Really nothing to say, my recordings sound very different since I have and I could not do without it, plus it is not very expensive for what it is.
4 of 4 people found this review helpful
à Chaud's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)
Usage: compress four sound channels in diffrent live. Gnralement vote.
Multicom Advantage: trs great compactness 4 compressors in a single unit high.
Each Next-Generation has brought new features while keeping the same format. Each time a new potentiomtre and one or more keys appeared. Now I do not see any new feature Behringer can make the next time the device was so advanced and t the front is full.
1. Gate / expandeurRglable in line (1 knob) and two positions for speed (switch) + 1 green (pass) / red (ferm. Simple and effective: the microphone of the snaps that do prsentateur when it comes in and closes automatically when s'arrte talking. Opening time instant phasing and silent.
It's simple, effective and sufficient.
2. Compressor with adjustable threshold, the percentage of compression and output level. I use the key that systmatiqueent Reduces the bass sound in the control circuit. Compression is more natural.
I also use the button that goes back systmatiquement the acute high compression ratio, which can compress quite strongly effects without teachers.
The time of action are well rgls gnral for use. The effects of compression nfastes disagree as long as one does not compress too much (6 10 dB). Above, the sound is fine but lacks a bit of momentum I got.
I also use the button systmatiquement KNEE makes the compression more progressive.
3. Instantaneous peak limiter. The only command available is the threshold dclenchement. Simple and effective. 1 LED indicates operation.
Each compressor is equipped with two bars VU meters LEDs, one for levels (switchable pre / APRS compression) and one red for the compression ratio. This bar has its dernire Premire LED that lights up for 1 dB compression (insensitive), the next to 2 dB, then the cart increases. Thus, although we DTECT The beginning of the compression and the dose is very precision.
I often amateur artists who are not trs wise in the use of micro. It follows the peaks and troughs of dynamics for some who are close or too s'loignent the microphone. Other rgler do not know the level of their voices and whisper tantt tantt shout.
I therefore use the quad compressor to compress the voice least four of my wisdom mix.
It happens as often to compress the live recording and in this case with two compressors are key synchroniss Stro, while two other compressors limit remaining two votes less wise.
While there are compressor-limiter-gate more complete in terms of the hard dclenchement, retention and release, but they possdent that two compressors per unit height and are 2 see more bulky.
In addition, the harsh chosen by Behringer and automation make the operation completely transparent, which is not the case for all devices o rgler can not empty well and rgler ncessitent who edits throughout the show. The automatic is a good thing.
I kept the two compressors Previous versions, which would allow me to compress 12 channels of console if ncessaire.
But the last assurment MODEL is much more powerful than its prdcesseurs and finally trs not complicated to use: once you have configured the buttons and it has been r gl there are not many other actions to do except adjust the compression threshold depending on the level desired.
As against the manual is enough for those who pnible beginners with the MODEL: it covers all the range of compressors and Behringer Describes many functions that are not Submitted on this unit.
For me who was lucky enough to have read the manual versions antrieures dcrivaient that only the product sold, I did not need much explanation to use this new version amliore .
7 of 7 people found this review helpful