Access Music Virus TI Snow
alcools 07/03/2010

Access Music Virus TI Snow : alcools's user review

«  Big sound »

cf doc

Fairly easy to use (Multi mode + a bit complicated), but the doc aprt start, the rest is in English: HHHOOOUUUU!

I have not finished testing all the sounds available online on the Virus TI Snow (I've already typed about 1300 of the 3000 online!), But I can make a first report in relation to my tastes ( Pink Floyd, I also like the sound archive, Air or Acid in the genre).

Lots of very good bass sounds (including violence and percussion may not be reproduced on the keyboard, even the Nmg2 I own too)

Full of very thick layers (at Jarre Oxygene and Equinox in with phaser) that I love

At the level of lead sounds, there's good and bad, but overall not very Floyd

Pluck full of good and bad (there is for Archive +)

In fact, there are so many sounds that are almost always ultimately happiness. For cons, the bank delivered its origin is quite average. I prefer the former banks of C virus, or Ti2 (downloadable so no worries).

The strengths of Viruses for my taste are:
- Variety of sounds
- Filters that have teeth that Nord +
- The phaser of beauty
- The arpeggiators much better than North (lots of reasons rytmique, various settings and various non-existent in North)
- A sound very punchy and fat than the North can not go, except a little on the G2 and again ...)

Defects:
- Banks contain many sound effects are not necessarily useful
- Ditto for lots of softies Pad, full of effects and very long attack: Can be used as a group and taking all the space sound
- Often too much effect on the factory presets
- Multi Mode (multiple sounds at once) still not intuitive. I will not use it on the Snow saw countless bug I had with my previous virus in multiplayer mode (which made me leave the mark)
- Displaying of sound banks in paw flies on the computer screen (at least in high def)

In conclusion, I am very happy with this purchase which will nicely complement my 2 main North (Nord Stage and G2), and can be placed on the right corner of NS with my paw-to-fix given its small size ( it exceeds a lot but it is).

If I had to choose today between a G2 and a Virus TI keyboard, but still I would take the G2 because the multiplayer is reliable, it has good sound also varied (but generally different), and that program, I 'm pretty sure you can get what I need. Virus being less flexible on this point and am wary of Multi, it would not be as complete.