Fender Texas Special Tele Pickups
Fender Texas Special Tele Pickups
mooseherman mooseherman

« Awesome Pickup for a variety of sounds! »

Publié le 01/17/11 à 13:58
These are a really cool kind of pickup that work in Fender Telecaster guitars, though with the right modifications there are other guitars that you can put them in. These pickups are designed with a really high output with a lot of midrange and and warmth to them. They are built of a higher quality than the most of the pickups that come in Telecasters, unless you buy a higher end Tele. Even still, these are custom made so there aren't many that come sounding like this.
I tried them in a telecaster that played really well but didn't sound as good, and I was thrilled with the results. The guitar sounded absolutely terrific. The clean sound I got with a solid state amp was really nice, very low noise and a nice full sound. I'm a tube guy, though, so when I plugged in the Twin, I was floored. It had a really strong ripping sound too it, a lot of natural distortion but low noise. With some overdrive and fuzz I had fantastic rock tones.
I'd say that this is a great guitar for country and blues if you're going to play clean. The Texas Special name really does a great job of describing the sound of this pickup as it's perfect for the genres generally associated with Texas. Those tones tend to work really well for rock music too, at least classic rock and blues-rock stuff. I've actually also had great punk tones with the right overdrives/distortions and amps. Not to mention great indie rock sounds. Overall this is a fantastic pickup. At $200 dollars it might seem pricey but keep in mind that it can probably make a relatively cheap guitar sound like one that is much more expensive, so keep that in mind if you have a guitar that you wish sounded a little better.