Blackstar Amplification HT Studio 20H
Blackstar Amplification HT Studio 20H

HT Studio 20H, Tube Guitar Amp Head from Blackstar Amplification in the HT-Venue series.

Oo-ventouse 09/25/2014

Blackstar Amplification HT Studio 20H : Oo-ventouse's user review

« 20w of happiness »

20w tube amp head. For the rest, read other reviews ;)
I "only" give it an 8 (equivalent to "very good"), because some people might miss a true EQ on the clean channel (which doesn't bother me) and, especially, a stand-by option.

Very easy to dial in, it's a true all-purpose amp. I have never used it onstage, but I think it can handle it pretty well, and it can also be used at home.
As for the manual, yes, it's clear, but given the number of pots, it's not useful, unless you don't know this type of gear at all (in which case it comes in very handy).

I use it with my Marshall cab (a 2064 I think), and a strat or sg
I think it suits almost all styles, provided that you have a good hi-gain pedal and maybe a delay. The overdrive is rather faint and moderate and the clean works well with pedals.
There are many sound combinations and the effects loop is a great plus.

I got this head recently for about $325 and I think it was a great deal!
I didn't take the time to try any other models. On paper, this is what I needed and I'm satisfied with it.
I play Red Hot, Zebrahead, Slipknot and it works very well, with a good distortion (blackstar ht dist-x, especially for slipknot), but I think it could also work for blues.
Great value for money and I would buy it again without hesitation (for people who play live, there are 50W and 100W versions, as well as 20W, 40W and 60W combos. It's nice of Blackstar to think about everybody ;) )