Class A amp lamps designed for volunteers G5 forum.
- Power about 10 watts depending on the power lamp installed. Possibility to mount: EL34, 6V6, 6L6, 6L6GC, KT66, KT88, 6550, KT90 etc.
- Rglages Volume, Bass, Treble and mdium. Master Volume Easy Install option. Switch Sweep to change the Color of the sound.
- All information about this amp are available raliser this site: https://www.projetg5.com/
- I have mine with a quip in 7025 Pramp and Electroharmonix 6L6GC amp biase in 80% (tide in class A). All out on a 12-inch Jensen CH12 / 35.
- There is a very complete kit priced at 235 uros.
- With some basic comptances in mechanical and wiring, with a little discipline this amp is easy raliser. All relevant information on the website ProjetG5. Moreover, as it is a forum at the slightest problem was quickly and pertinante answer.
- The config is very simple and very effective but allows tural versatility.
- No difficulty to get a good sound, all are.
- The doc is available on the forum ultracomplte and very clear.
- The amp should I mount my music styles: blues, rock (60, 70).
- I play with a Fender Stratocaster US Standard and uses more effect apart from Reverb I add the amp.
- With my config I'm a Fender clean up an overdrive kind Tiny Terror and all without taking the head. The sounds are easy to find and always "music and singing." Besides I do not use any effect, the sound of this amp is enough for him even, no need to artifice. The Tone Corrector is very efficient and allows tural versatility (nothing to do with that of the JCM800). It is the same for the progressiveness of the rate of "crunch" between rglages gain and volume.
- In power, do not rely on annoncs 10 watts, with HP that I mount I easily covers my pair of 2031A Bhringer ad 225 Watts each !!!! I did a test with a drummer friend, no problem, I have even a little only feature. Therefore, sufficient in many cases.
- It's been 3 months since I started.
- Before I had a Marshall 4210 JCM800, a Vox AD30VT, a Peavey Studio Pro112 and I had the accasion test a Tiny Terror in stores.
- What I like about this amp is that still sounds cel whatever the rglage, which does not prevent to have a great diversity of sounds. Power is more than enough to use that I made: home, repeats and evenings with friends.
- Mine is suited what I play but it is possible to do everything with this amp base including configs for "mtalleux" see on the forum.
- In all, I must reach 400 uros (including Tolex, hardware, grilcloth) for my amp with 2 channels and reverb and combo version. If I compare that price with my JCM 800 that rating or almost double the Tiny Terror (a bit high but no baffle) I would say the G5 is an unbeatable qualitprix. Of course, we need to build it.
- Repeat the same choice: it is a HIGHLIGHTING and make another certainly !!!!
Did you find this review helpful?yesno
gimicaster's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)
Tube amp, built in kit after the G5 project. A lamp 12AX7 pre-amp, an EL34 in amplification.
About 9 watts power
2 mic guitar (hight low)
an effects loop
volume, bass, middle, treeble, but this is more than enough.
super simple configuration
no manual, or at least if all the technical doc to mount.
Sound ...... Ah sound, I love it!
According to the speaker used (separate with a Celestion G12M Greenback cab in my case), a VOX sound that Fender.
Having a Fender Supercontrol XD I wanted a minimalist amp, without electronics, without effects, nature what and SERVICEABLE (all wired to the former, no printed circuit board).
The sound is "clear", but rounder than my Fender, much more bass, less aggressive treble, thanks to HP's largest and certainly better.
If you push a little (note these are not anemic watts), it crunch. If you want to saturation, it accepts pedals very well. But I prefer clean sounds.
My telecaster love it, on the other hand it does not forgive any error, of course.
I mostly use my Fender because it's a combo, and the G5 when I want to enjoy myself.
It is an alternative to my Super Champ, because it is simple and easily repairable.
I think the value for money simply outstanding, because all components are high-end, to ride past times are not quantifiable, the equivalent, apart from finishing, would have cost more than double that for nothing head.
I took the risk to get into its construction, after maturely reflected, discussed at length the principle of operation, the logical layout of components, the risks associated with high voltages. Ultimately happiness.