ENGL E640 Invader 150 Head
ENGL E640 Invader 150 Head

E640 Invader 150 Head, Tube Guitar Amp Head from ENGL in the Invader series.

Gandalf07 03/26/2014

ENGL E640 Invader 150 Head : Gandalf07's user review

• Partager
This is a full head delivers 150W lamps. everything has already been said on this subject.

The configuration is it simple? :
Have not got the manual on the purchase, I have démerder me in the first time but I had a JVM410H before, I was not too lost! That's compared to the south setting that becomes thorny problems. So I downloaded the manual for the head on the manufacturer's website. Instructions provided in English only ... commme dab, the French set aside ...

Gets it easy to sound good? :
Otherwise the sound is really huge and much more "metal" than the JVM410H! the clear sounds are more beautiful
The integrated noise gate is not exceptional. There are two effects loops to remedy by adding multi-effect.

Is it your style of music?:
The invader fits perfectly with what I wanted. A powerful and clean grain.

With what (s) guitar (s) / low (s) or effect (s) do you play?
I play on USA and bc rich marriage is explosive! Coupled with a Digitech GSP1101 is the foot.

What kind of sound you get and with what settings ("crystalline", "bold", ....)?
4 channels are there to get a range of light to its grain "dirty" ... So you really can have it all with this head.

How long have you use it?
Since a couple of days and I have yet to discover a lot of things (especially PM)

What is the particular feature you like best and least?
Unlike the JVM 410H, the output line OUT is not emulated and that is for me the big black spot on the head. The sound that comes out really "honeycomb". We may not like the JVM 410H play with the "stanby" off and it made many services to avoid waking up the whole neighborhood.

Have you tried many other models before buying it?
I was able to test another model shop but really ENGL stand out with a metal sound good huh ... well everyone's tastes!

How would you rate the quality / price? With experience, you do again this choice? ...
I think Mr ENGL is quite expensive but much more accessible than Mesa.
It is still too early to tell ... we'll see in time.