Add this product to
  • My former gear
  • My current gear
  • My wishlist
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
Images
1/604
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20

USB audio interface from Focusrite belonging to the Scarlett 1st Generation series

Public price: $499 incl. VAT
8/10

Thread Cant get sound from my PS4 on the Scarlett 18i20 with optical (s/pdif)

• 2 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 3 followers
1 Cant get sound from my PS4 on the Scarlett 18i20 with optical (s/pdif)
Hello to the forum, I have been using my PS4 with my Saffire Pro 40 without a problem so far, getting excellent audio from the S/Pdif input. I upgraded to the Scarlett 18i20 today and I cant get audio from the S/Pdif connection no matter what.
There was an option on the old Saffire Control application called "use adat inputs as Spdif", which enabled sound from spdif, which seems to be absent from the new version of the software (Focusrite Control).

I have tried so far:
1. Changing sync options (internal, Spdif, ADAT) it only syncs with internal.
2. Changing sample rates (even though I know ps4 exports audio only at 48k)
3. Changing output options on the PS4 settings (dolby, etc)
4. Connecting, Disconnecting, turning on and off etc

Still no audio. I contacted focusrite support and but no answer from them yet. I upgraded to the Scarlett because it just seemed an upgraded Saffire Pro 40 with same connections etc so I assumed spdif would work the same way. I dont have analog inputs to spare to connect my ps4 and its really a deal breaker for me, so I need to know if there is a way to enable audio from spdif ASAP in case I have to return it.
The 18i20 works great with optical Adat.
You must keep in mind that the adapt are basically just another 8 inputs.
I have an MPC 5000 directly connected to the Adat lines.

If I'm correct it is like this :
1 > 8 =input 1 > 8
Spdif =input 9,10
Adat = input 11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18

Choose the right inputs in your daw.

You can / must { I'm not sure... It was a long day } enable them also in the soft mixer.

But i guess the nice people of focusrite here on the board can help you further...

Good luck

- Angelie

It's not about what you got to use ....    but how you use what you got...

[ Post last edited on 09/16/2018 at 14:34:46 ]

As it turns out the optical inputs on the Scarlett series DO NOT support s/pdif like the old Saffire and the new Clarett. Is it specified anywhere on their website or on the product? No, they appear equal on all their product line. So the optical inputs/outputs only work with ADAT protocol and I am screwed, because except from the PS4 I use almost every day, I need to do sampling from my Korg M3 and I want to record it digitally for obvious reasons.