Tascam US-122
Images
1/80

Thread Tascam US 122

• 46 replies
  • 32 participants
  • 2 followers
1 Tascam US 122
Y'all will have to forgive me for my ignorance on this subject, but I have been looking at building a PC recording system, and was wondering what you thought of the Tascam US 122. It seems to offer the things I need to put tracks on my hard drive. Anybody have any experience with one?
Show first post
I've just joined this forum and am totally surprised by the number of negative comments about the Tascam US122. I have been using it to record radio programmes for the last 4 years and have never had a moments problem with it. I agree with one reply that it may actually be the fault of the software Cubase rather than this machine. I have been using Adobe Audition (Cool Edit before that) as I can't get on with Cubase - and have never had a bit of trouble with the unit.
Know that doesn't help all those people with problems but I think every now and then someone should stick up for the other side if they haven't had the troubles.
Nick
How much did you get it for?
Not a penny! Maybe I'm just one of the lucky few who has a machine that works!
I meant how much did you buy it for? not how much you sold it for :clin:
Sorry, I thought you meant I was being bribed by Tascam - LMAO :P: - I can't remember - it was years ago! I've had it since it was new. Just know I've never had a problem with it in all the years I've had it. It's a great little machine - for what it does.
Are you using it with a laptop or desktop? and what OS? it looks like a nice device.
I use it for radio production with a desktop machine running XP. I use it with Adobe Audition and, as I said in the original posting, I've never had a problem with it. I obviously don't use it to its full capacity as I don't use all the line ins, etc but it does what I need it to do.