[Musikmesse] Superior Drummer 2 Update
Toontrack Music has updated Superior Drummer to v2.1.0.
This update containsbug fixes as well as features significantly improving the user experience. It is recommended for all users and is essential for SDX (NY Vol2) support.
- Offline bouncing overhaul:
o New option to not include all bleed and bounce only using the currently used samples.
o Option to Bounce through the Mixer, including effects.
o Independent Master bounce volume and overload display and Mixer bounce volume.
o Progress 'message' board showing what mic is currently bounced.
o The bounce process can be aborted.
o New clearer nomenclature for the names of the bounced files.
o New setting to 'Keep intermediate' files.
- New Mixer implementation:
o New Bus send layout.
o Soloing Mics and Busses work recursively so as to allow the sound to reach the Outputs.
o 'Pre' and 'Post' Effect' send facility for both Mics and Busses.
o Drag and Drop for Inserts and Sends.
o New Outputs and Busses nomenclature to mirror many hosts.
- New presets handling:
o Combined presets for loading/saving Instruments and Mixer Channels properties selectively.
o Possibility to load saved files (.S20) as Combined presets.
o Load/Save of Instrument groups for most preset types.
o New Envelope Curve preset allowing to copy settings to groups of Instruments.
- Edrum experience improvement:
o New factory MIDI presets, including pedal correction curves (hatsCtrl only MIDI presets).
o Various bugfixes and improvements to the transmute, mainly in AMB mics and faded drums.
o Change to Distribution Groups, improving CC-hihats.
- Superior1 libraries renamed 'S1 - Cocktail', 'S1 - Drummer' and 'S1 - Percussionist'.
- Reorganized layout for the S1 Drummer factory presets.
- Clicking on an anchor point in the Envelope curve is enough to update the display.
- When 'Felt Mallets' is selected the 'Bottom Wire Snares' is deselected.
- Preview in Studio window accepts mouse wheel to control articulation choice.
- New savefile format that contains the new sub-presets found in the Combined presets.
- Improved handling of memory limit exceeded during a bounce.
- Improved Mic auto-assignment for the X-drums.
* X-drums should look like more similar to what they do in their own sound library.
- Typing keys that are out of bound as notes (G#8 or above) is no longer possible.
- Mic assignment for the X-drums now shows 'MixName' instead of 'Name'.
- Mics that are 'stereo out' but not 'stereo in' will no longer receive a silent right channel when bounced.
- Bleed/usage/phase controls should no longer change more than the left side for stereo channels that don't have their sounds as stereo files.
- The split selection is reset when changing Sound Library.
- Channel pressure is now part of bounce.
- Fixed a bounce bug, that after a bounce left the sampler in the state where sounds are loaded in the rendering thread instead of the demon thread.
- Local Machine directory created with full access rights on Mac.
- Better tolerance for non-ASCII characters in paths on Mac.
- In S1-Drummer, crash22 in Ride4 and Ride5 internal names are now unique.
- Pressing Load when editing bleed in Cached mode now works better.
- Fixed bug in code that removes a trailing 'Sounds' from an input sound path.
- Fading a non-close mic, early in the mixer, no longer leads to malfunction of the transmute for the other mics.
- A negative Offset (envelope) along with pitching no longer leads to pops, crackles and crashes.
- Soloing something before applying a preset or a savefile for the same Sound Library no longer leads to issues.
- Solo and Mute in the Classic View are now updated when a control or Humanize preset is applied.
- Fixed bug that caused crash when selecting a drum without a Close mic with 'EzMixer follows Selection' active.
- Fixed the bug that caused newly assigned X-drum MIDI notes to not be written in presets or savefiles.
- All the 'X-samplers' are reset when X Pads are reset, fixes the crashes when changing Vol2 factory presets.
- Effects are now reset when the host asks the sampler to go mute. This should avoid 'clicks'.
- Possible bugfix for crashes while changing playing drums on a multi-core machine.
- Auth key comparison failure in some cases fixed".
Viewers of this article also read...
- [Musikmesse] Stylus RMX Update Spectrasonics has updated the Stylus RMX plug-in to v1.8, designed to introduce a new and more flexible system for parameter automation.
- [Musikmesse] PreSonus Studio One Studio One is a music creation and production application for Mac OS X and Windows XP/Vista designed to make audio recording, MIDI sequencing, and audio mastering simple right out of the box, while providing professional features.
- [Musikmesse] zplane PPMulator+ Zplane has announced that it will soon be releasing a new updated version of PPMulator+, the Peak Programme Meter plug-in that was formerly developed and distributed by Raw Material Software Ltd.