Ifoundasound has released an early alpha version of LiveProfessor, a new Windows application designed to be a effect rack of VST plug-ins.
The concept is simple: using an ASIO audio card you can route inputs and outputs through your VST plug-ins. The program supports snapshots, MIDI and both VST effects and VST instruments, according to ifoundasound.
- "As many VST plug-ins as your computer can handle." Both VST effects and VST instruments are supported.
- The matrix view is designed to make it easy to see what is patched where.
- Snapshot automation of each plug-in: Recalls all parameters of a plug-in.
- MIDI input: To control instruments or to allow hands-on control of plug-ins.
- "Fast audio engine to ensure low latency." Using a standard ASIO-card you can have as many inputs and outputs you like.
LiveProfessor is currently at version alpha 2.1.
Planned features include:
- Simple sound playback, cue-list.
- Patch view for all sources and targets.
- Global MIDI control.
- Recalling snapshots with Midi Show Control.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Evopax D-Quattro Evopax has announced that version 1.0 of its new EQ plug-in, D-Quattro, is available now as a VST effect plug-in for Windows priced at $70 / €55.
- [Musikmesse] New SM Pro Audio V-Rack Based around the "Powered by VFX" hardware platform, VST and VSTi plug-ins can be loaded directly into SM Pro Audio's new V-Rack.
- [Musikmesse] Audio Damage PulseModulator Audio Damage have released a new free plugin: a copy of PulseModulator.