Artifake_Labs has released Redtron_SE, a Special Edition of the Redtron_400.
It's free and is available for Windows as a VST Instrument plug-in.
This VST plug-in uses the Taijiguy's Mellotron samples (taken from a 1973 Mellotron M400S - Serial #500). The samples have been cleaned (not too much) by removing an annoying 60Hz hum and some unwanted "clicks" and "pops" here and there, the company says.
- Nine sound types: MKII Flute, MKII 3 Violins, M400 Cello, MKII Brass, M400 Combined Choir, M400 String Section, M400 Woodwinds, M300A Violins, M300B Violin.
- No loops: as the original Mellotron, each sound is eight seconds long with, in many cases, "the bad endings".
- "Mellotronic Click" switch. On real Mellotrons, "Click" can be heard at the beginning of a note, when the tape comes in contact with the replay head. These "clicks" are here randomly generated, so you don't hear twice the same and they can appear on any key; A rotary knob allows you to control the effect intensity (you can also completely disable it).
- Layer (two sounds A & B) and split possibilities (octave shift).
- Independent parameters for sound A & B:
- Volume, Tone, Pan, Tune, Reverb, Delay, Attack & Release, Octave & Note parameters.
- Delay effect (Amount, Time, Feedback & Pan parameters).
- Reverb effect (Mix, Width, Size & Damp parameters).
- Global Volume control.
- Global Tone control.
- Global Pitch control.
Viewers of this article also read...
- DJ Mixtools 17 - Deep And Soulful House 2 Deep and Soulful House V2 includes 4 mixed tracks and 33 evolving stems, plus 30 bonus sounds to complement the packs – all at 125 Bpm in the key of D Minor.
- Distorque Plusdistortion v0.9.2 Beta Distorque has released a beta version of Plusdistortion, an emulation of an MXR Distortion+.
- Applied Acoustics Systems Cinémathèque Applied Acoustics Systems releases the Cinémathèque sound bank for the Ultra Analog VA-1 and AAS Player plug-ins.