Korg Kronos 61

Kronos 61, Workstation from Korg in the Kronos series.

• Increase or decrease font size
  • RSS

All user reviews of 4/5 for the Korg Kronos 61

Average Score:4.3( 4.3/5 based on 7 reviews )
 3 reviews43 %
Editorial review
  • 09/20/11Korg Kronos Mini-Review

Korg Kronos Mini-Review - Giant Step!

Presented at the NAMM 2011 and already available since this summer, the Kronos represents a new step in the workstation market — a cruel world where every product becomes immediately obsolete as soon as the successor is launched. The Kronos is very innovative and comprehensive, but will it be able to break this fatal rule?

ericthegreat01/12/2012

ericthegreat's review"industry ready"

Korg Kronos 61
This is another one of those boards that comes industry ready right out of the box. It’s extremely easy to get it set up and ready to start making great music. The editing abilities on this board are easy to do and the workstation is easy to navigate. I love the pitch and modulation on this board, works great and is very smooth.

The manual is very easy to understand and is concise and in depth. But unfortunately the manual doesn’t come in a printed version. Some of use love to have hard copies of a manual and don’t want to have to pop in a cd just for a reference on something we might need to check or to do. Even with the ease of computers, I still prefer a hard copy of a manual so I can just index what I’m looking for and find it and understand what I need. I don’t like having to find the cd and put it in just for a quick reference.

This board comes stock with a lot of sounds that sound great and are very warm and clean. The brass sounds are really realistic in my opinion. I was very surprise with the quality of the brass sounds and presets.

The Piano sounds didn’t impress me and weren’t as good as they are on the other boards that are out in the music world today. The just didn’t seem as realistic and warm as I am use to with the Fantom and Motif. Choir and Organ patches are good and unique sounding patches, but nothing that blows other boards out of the water, just very basic sounding patches.

Overall this is a very good keyboard, the synths on this board have the weird feel to them, great board for techno or club music. This board is pretty expensive but not as bad as a lot of other professional boards on the market.