Create an account

or
Enlarge
Thematic Forums
Your Favorite Music
Actu
Articles
Tutorials

Thread The old progressive rock lovers thread ;)

• 17 replies
  • 8 participants
  • 8 followers
1 The old progressive rock lovers thread ;)

Hi!

I finally succeeded in posting here, so here is the thread to share our love for old progressive rock with bands like Genesis, King Crimson, Gentle Giant, Yes, Camel, Van Der Graaf Generator and so many more...

Let's talk about our favourite bands, albums, songs and more...

Actually, I'm really into le Orme "Felona e Sorona", "Heavy Horses" by Jethro Tull, "Silent Cries and Mighty Echoes" by Eloy.
Show first post
Of course I love the old Genesis!! It's my fav one with Selling England by the Pound being one of my favourite albums of all the time!!

I saw the Musical Box tribute box at the Olympia, for a Foxtrot concert, it was pure magic!!
Have somebody listened to the last Ayreon album ? I really like it, but I think I still prefer The Human Equation, I can't explain why ... Something magical in T.H.E., the little extra that make it a major album ...
Oh yes!! I bought the limited edition and it's great! The singer casting is fabulous! Nice to hear Anneke again, Hansi Kursch from Blind Guardian, Daniel Gildenlow from Pain Of Salvation of course and the great Jorn Lande!

I think I listened to the Human Equation too much... And I feel that I prefer now this last album which contains some really great parts and vocals melodies...
I like all albums of Genesis.
All? even the first one, from genesis to revelation? or the last one? ;)
Fans of Genesis, '80s-era Yes and RUSH, Styx, as well as modern prog bands like Marillion and Porcupine Tree may really like Days Before Tomorrow, a new melodic prog band from the USA. Check them out at ); return false;" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://www.myspace.com/daysbeforetomorrow, and let me know what you think!
Yeah, i love tresspass! everything with gabriel.
I like In The Court Of The Crimson King its amazing.