Actu
Articles
Tutorials

Thread Led Zeppelin

• 10 replies
  • 10 participants
  • 11 followers
1 Led Zeppelin
New forum, New threads, But classic must remain (as "the song remains the same" ).

so a small thread about led zeppelin to deal with every subject (their reformation, their story, why page is god?

everything about this band
Give me enough knobs, I can controle the world
Don't know about their come-back, and actually I don't really care... Don't wanna see those old guys back on the scene, without Bonham. I've got to admit I'd like to see The Police, but not them....

Anyway they were great, with this huge guitar sound, Plant's unique voice, and all those fantastic pieces. Their music doesn't sound too old like some Hendrix or some Cream songs. They're just part of history, one of the greatest bands of the last century... God bless Led Zeppelin :bravo:
Zeppelin ..one of the greatest bands ..during late sixties and seventies...

One thing ´bout them was their ability to play odd meters and the rock n roll did remain the same.
/stef
Stef
Sometimes, i think that it just might be better for bands not to re-form
I agree. :tourne:
Give me enough knobs, I can controle the world
Flag :bravo:
True...i used to listen them a lot, but since they were gone i started listening to Deftones, 30 Mins to Mars and Janus. out of these Janus has impressed me the most. listen to the sample track from their site, you will like it also
http://www.janusmusic.com/sample/if_i_were_you.mp3
This is one of the greatest bands ever. However, IMO, there is a reason why they disbanded and sometimes it's better left at that. Re-forming is okay for like temporary cases when there's a special occasion.

World Peace.

The drum intro in 'When The Levee Breaks' is sick. It's not just the beat, it's the sound that gives me chills.
Page explained in 'It Might Get Loud' that Bonham had just set up his new drums in the big room of the house they were recording in to test them out, when the sound engineer set up a microphone upstairs and captured that very sound. It's sick.

Have a good one!
-T
Quote from bonniecampbell1989:
This is one of the greatest bands ever. However, IMO, there is a reason why they disbanded and sometimes it's better left at that. Re-forming is okay for like temporary cases when there's a special occasion.

That's how i feel about the Pink Floyd reunion. I'm a huge floyd fan, but the loss of Richard Wright on keys, and the exclusion of roger waters, it's simply not the same (even though I've always considered David Gilmour to be one of my top guitarists). On the same token, Led Zep, even with all of their musical genius, isn't the same as they were back then and perhaps can't recreate the same luster simply because the bar that they set before is too high for virtually anyone to reach