Novation has announced MiniNova, a compact synthesizer including push-button Animate controls and Novation's new voice effect: VocalTune.
- 37-note mini-keys synth with custom-designed Novation keybed.
- Sound and effects engines from Novation’s UltraNova synth.
- New VocalTune feature with feature-packed vocoder and included gooseneck mic.
- Arpeggiator with real-time rhythm performance editing.
- Animate function lets you warp your sounds while you play.
- 256 factory patches included, with space for a further 128 user patches.
MiniNova is built around the same synth engine as Novation's UltraNova. It features three oscillators, up to five effects, two filters, six envelopes, three LFOs, and 36 different wavetables. It includes 256 factory and 128 user patches. A parameter matrix provides 24 sound-shaping tools on four large, tactile knobs.
MiniNova introduces VocalTune, an effect that can tune your voice to the note being played on the synth in real time. It also features a new vocoder engine, which can be fed by either the included gooseneck mic or the external input. Novation’s ‘Animate’ buttons let you apply up to eight modulations, with a hold button that latches any or all of the animations. Arpeggiate mode lets you play and program your rhythmic synth parts on the fly. MiniNova connects to your computer via USB, where free plug-in software can be used for patch library management.
MiniNova has two quarter-inch mono jack outputs, a stereo headphones output, full-size XLR and jack inputs for routing sounds through the vocoder and on-board effects, as well as a five-pin MIDI input and output and an input for a sustain pedal. Power can be supplied via USB or a 9V DC power supply (included).
Availability: worldwide in October 2012
Pricing information: MSRP $624.99 / $499.99 at dealers