Koma Elektronik SVF-201 Filter Module
Koma Elektronik announced the release of SVF-201, a state variable filter for the eurorack modular synthesizer format.
The SVF-201's filter circuit is built up with optical parts (vactrols).
Inputs and Outputs
The SVF-201 comes with CV inputs with attenuators for Cutoff, Resonance and Select/Mix Out, where the last one allows the user to sweep between the three different filter characteristics. The module also has adjustable gain up to +6dB, which gives the user to opportunity send a (slightly) overdriven signal into the circuit which results in MS20-like filter sweeps.
The unit comprises four audio outputs that can be used independently of each other at the same time, a High Pass, Band Pass, Low Pass and the unique CV’able Mix Out. The Mix Out out lets you sweep continuously through the other three outputs by means of a knob and control voltage.
Build and layout
Behind the Cutoff knob there are 2 small LEDs fitted that give a glow. The SVF-201 uses parallel mounted PCBs so it can be used in skiffs as well as in big cases, the total depth is less than 40 mm.
- Size: 3U, 12HP (60,60mm)
- Interface: 2mm white powder coated aluminum front plate + silkscreen printing
- 4 audio outputs:
- Low Pass
- Band Pass
- High Pass
- Mix Out
- Audio input with attenuator / adjustable gain
- 3 CV inputs:
- CV input for Cutoff with attenuator
- CV input for Resonance with attenuator
- CV input for Mix Out with attenuator
(The Mix Out attenuator acts as a normalized CV source if nothing is patched into the Select CV input)
- Large 30mm, full aluminum knob for Cutoff with white backlight (a jumper on the PCB lets you turn it off)
- Large 20mm, full aluminum knob for Resonance
Pricing & Availability:
The SVF-201 is now available at selected Koma dealers and from the company's webstore at www.koma-elektronik.com.
MRSP: 259 EUR (Incl. EU VAT) | 230 EUR (Excl. EU VAT)