[NAMM] Here's the Moog Little Phatty Synth
Moog Music confirms the rumors and introduces today the Little Phatty, a monophonic analogic synthesizer with a sub-oscillator for low-end grit.
The Moog Sub Phatty combines classic real time sound design features with new ones, and in particular a Multidrive section that adds warmth or grit depending on how you push it, or a mixer section with a subs-oscillator that outputs a square wave one octave below the OSC 1.
- Monophonic analog synthesizer
- 25 semi weighted keys
- Pitch Bend and Mod wheels
- 2 Variable Waveshape Oscillators, 1 Square Wave Sub Oscillator, 1 Noise Generator
- Oscillator Calibration Range: 22Hz-6.8KHz.Guaranteed note range at 8’ of Note 18 to 116
- Mod Sources: Triangle, Square, Saw, Ramp, SH, Filter Envelope
- Mod Destinations: Pitch, Osc 2 Pitch Only, Filter, Waveshape
- Filter: Moog Ladder Filter 20Hz-20Khz
- Audio Input: 1xTS
- Audio Output: 1xTS, 1xTRS Headphone
- Presets: 4 Banks, 4 Patches Per Bank
- MIDI I/O: DIN In, Out, and MIDI over USB
- CV/Gate Inputs: Filter CV, Pitch CV, Volume CV, KB Gate
- Transposition: +/- 2 Octaves
- LFO: 0.1Hz-100Hz
The Moog Sub Phatty will ship in March, you can pre-order it now for $1099. Moog will showcase this new synth at NAMM 2013 this week. More information on www.moogmusic.com/products/phattys/sub-phatty.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Koma Elektronik SVF-201 Filter Module Koma Elektronik announced the release of SVF-201, a state variable filter for the eurorack modular synthesizer format.
- Dubreq's Stylophone Returns JHS & Co has secured a deal with Stylophone creator Dubreq to distribute the pocket synthesiser.
- Doepfer Dark Energy II Doepfer announces the availability of its new Dark Energy II Analog Synthesizer,