Behringer BX1800 user reviews
If you are not satisfied by the reviews below, feel free to request a user review for this product
User reviews in other languages
- For specifications, see previous opinion!
Otherwise this is a transistor amp 180 W (RMS) which supplies a HP Bugera 200 w 4 ohms. The connections are simple: entrance instruments / CD in (RCA type) to play on an external / FX loop / DI out (very handy for transplanting!) / Phones (to play in silence!).
Rear: no connections! just food!
Too bad there was not the possibility to add an extra cab! It's a bit limiting use "live". And weight! In 30 kgs ... This is the downside of this combo.
- For configuration: you set the input level, output level, and it fits with equation 4 band: bass / low mid / high mid and trebble. It is very simple! Note that indeed the equation actually plays the sound and modulates with more bass or more mid / high ... Everyone will find the sound he wants: the slamming of heavy Dub ...
Sound: perfectly transcribed bass sound, so with a "good" bass sound is excellent, with a low average ...
Note the presence of a switch - 6 dB useful for active basses or a preamp that sends a lot!
The switch "Shape"?? Actually it does not provide much if not put a lot of bass and cut the mids / highs. Finally it serves me ever since the equation is sufficient in itself ... I would have preferred a compressor! Or external speaker output ... And yes, I find really bad for a 180 W amp be able to pair it with a box and more. This would be able to play "live" say in clubs, restaurants, bars ... For scenes of 500 people, I would opt for something else!
Albeit a good sound, as it is a DI??
Config in rehearsals, it is very well and avoids putting fortunes in the fridge that you can not use or carry. I always wonder why some repeated with 600 w amps???!
So for transport: better not have back problems or muscle of goldfish. It is heavy! But beyond that it is not practical because there is a handle on top! Would have been better 2 side handles. For the lack of ergonomics I put 9.
- Sounds?? Well those of a good kind hartke bass combo, fender, ampeg, etc. ... I have several config (head, cabinets, combos) and sincerely that little behringer is doing very well! The sound is round, powerful bass, adjustable ... Brief ideal for a round and straight. It supports very well the pedals, overdrive, flanger ... With either JB or P bass, everything goes well while keeping the sound of your bass. It is not really typical. on the other hand it has very powerful bass. I even often forced to lower the knob "bass" of the equation because if it's really heavy.
Pushing the input gain, do not expect to saturate! The sound is always right. Same gain in depth, it does not distort the sound!
After power level I have not tested live, but I play with repeated gain and half the master tier is even about half (knowing that plays VERY loud, like mandatory caps!). So he has a power reserve! Pity that his side impractical if the yield ch *** to carry. Otherwise I would use it willingly live.
I do not hate really sounds because this is the kind of combo that will not let you down, the sound is always present and entitled. Function good shape, except for the "dub", I see no interest! After it is not typed as a trace or Ampeg, but for what I do, it's perfect!
- Overall Opinion
- I've had a few weeks ... I took especially for the price (initially)! The guy who sold it to me has really sold a pittance given the power in stock! I was looking for an amp to leave the room without repeated cold sweat whenever I left the room. Who have had or behringer amp harley benton, I knew it would do the trick!
Amps I have had a lot and I have some more ... Sincerely for less than € 100 it's a great combo amp for beginners or extra, or even back up your gear if you loose the day before the concert!
I'm trying to change by installing a HP 8 ohms and installing external speaker output to be able to add a second HP ... And again I think it might surprise me!
With experience for the same price, I repeat the same! For the price of a 35 w OCCAZ an amp that I can well "fun" and can be used in a lot of situations!
- A transistor 180W rms
Simple enough, I had a manual but I have not really used, I play rock and punk and I found my sound fairly quickly (relative to a old Torque I had before ...) c ' s still not understood.
- I was very satisfied especially its quality level, even increasing the volume, I often put him at 3 / 4 in concert and he never gave up during 2 years now.
- I get a sound and accurate enough even if some think that there are not enough settings, they gave me enough to find what I wanted. Good alternative in acute and beautiful round sound low.
Treble well watered, there is a little eq. + / - 16dB handy for constant varied between low and rock bass.
- Overall Opinion
- I remake this choice because in my case and saw the time I played on at all times (2 years ^ ^) by repeating the scenes and I made it nikel.
I think I will buy now a kind of very heavy 600 / 800 W for the biggest concert but I keep all the same to my house and Repeat 'because its weight for a combo of almost 200W is 28 kg I appears, which is very reasonable.
- Amp transistor compact and powerful 180 watts.
Speaker Original BUGERA 15 ".
Horn Driver exclusively for powerful treble.
VTC Virtual Tube Circuitry for sounds like lamps.
Dedicated 4-band EQ.
Mid Shape function for awesome sound shaping.
Musical opto-limiter for ultimate volume without distortion.
Direct output and balanced XLR Ground Lift
to connect directly to a console.
Insert for effects
- Configuration is very simple with its 4-band equalizer so you can get a decent one fairly easily. The knobs are a real effect on its shape and function brings a little more pleasant enough sound.
Maleureusement my amp was delivered without a manual, so I download it from the behringer site.
- I mainly play rock in a small group.
The amp is perfect for my stile of music but it is in any case rather Polivalente in my opinion.
I currently play it with a storm 110 Jb I plan to change here shortly.
I have yet to test effects pedals on the amp I did that for three weeks.
- Overall Opinion
- I use this amp for a few months!
I love everything about this amp, I bought it in Germany for the same price on the internet (220 euros) and to price in my opinion a great deal for a beginner who wants to play in groups without breaking the bank . I would do without hesitation to choose, even if with greater resources I opt for the bxl 1800 A cone with its aluminum.