or
Create an account

or
1 Need to replace pickup/preamp system on Daisy Rock Pixie acoustic-electric guitar. Any suggestions?
I bought a used Daisy Rock Pixie acoustic-electric guitar, and it came without the pickup/preamp system. I don't know whether it was removed because it wasn't working, or because the original owner wanted to use the system in a different guitar. My questions are, what pickup/preamp system would be best? And, since the holes are already cut in the guitar, I'd like to find something with a similar size. How can I find something that fits, so that I don't need to enlarge the hole? (Or, how can I install trim, if the one I get ends up being smaller than the hole?)

The main reasons I'd like to replace it: I would like to record using the DI method. I'd like to be able to plug into a sound system when playing live. I'd like to not have a big hole in the side of the guitar where the preamp/pickup system used to be located.

Thanks for any suggestions! I'm including a photo of the pickup/preamp system that originally came with the guitar. I can provide measurements of the hole but they won't be completely accurate, since the seller slapped a piece of matte black tape over the hole, and I don't want to take it off. BTW I did contact Daisy Rock twice, and I never received a reply, so it seems like buying a replacement from them is not an option.

The guitar has a composite back, which could be an important factor.

I bought it because it was a guitar that I liked but that, unlike my other guitars, it is actually replaceable, if something happens to it (such as an accident, or someone stealing it from my car). My others are all vintage and hard to find. It turns out that I really like this guitar, and since I don't own an acoustic-electric, it seems like the thing to do is to upgrade this one to be my acoustic-electric.
daisy-rock-3992850.jpg

[ Post last edited on 11/16/2021 at 10:43:19 ]