Stanton Magnetics SA-5 "New look" user reviews
If you are not satisfied by the reviews below, feel free to request a user review for this product
User reviews in other languages
- Non-rackmount console, 2 channels (2x phono / line) configuration Hip Hop, 1 microphone, 1 master output without feedback output.
A feature that makes this table unique is that the equalizer have a linear organization, which provides some visual dimension to the mix that with no buttons to turn.
The 2 switches phono / line were designed for possible use of "cross fader, which means that DJs can use them like the old DJ did with the tables of the times without adjustable crossfader curve, as a cross fader to cut direct. This function can be blocked by a switch "OS2 Block. Handy when one loves the scratch MixMasterMike time of DMC 95.
Regarding connectivity, it should be noted that there are no unbalanced (XLR).
It is possible to swap the channels, the faders only interchanged without affecting the way and finally reverse the fader curve.
The curve of the cross fader and the fader is adjustable via a switch / route in 3 positions (ADF / Mid / Cut).
The faders and crossfader are Penny & Giles faction, which provides clarity and an accuracy of its surprising after intensive use.
This is a table of basic usage so there is no effect module integrated (if it is a good DJ, not need, it makes itself ...).
So a table very easy to use, intuitive and extremely easy at first, even for a novice.
- It is a mixer type configuration Hip Hop, ie that the potentiometers and the cross fader is at the bottom of the table, leaving the top for everything equalizer, master, gain, mic etc ... A table ergonomic hip hop what! nothing new yet.
Quality is my honest sense given the price offered in nine. It's a sturdy table, light and easy to transport if necessary. The design is nice and the whole is pleased to ^ pretty easy to use (it is seldom wrong button, even in the dark).
Knowing that Hip Hop is a table, the precision fader and cross fader is especially important and here is impeccable; one hand, the intensive use does not affect the sound quality of the other cuts are always well defined.
The only small problem that we can find is that the curve of the faders and crossfader are in the form of 3-position switch and not a manually adjustable potentiometer, depending on the preference of the DJ. There, if he wants to scratch, the curve is selected on "cut" that's it.
The linear style for all functions gives a touch of originality to the table and introduces a notion of easy visual check on the status of each button. Therefore the usage is very easy. The quality of the mix it can be felt.
What is aprécierez is that there is also the preview function that exists on each track with the cue function, a focntion who can listen to 2 channels with crossfader movement without this kind on the master. To be clear, you scratch on a track with you lower the fader to the max and you scratch your listening through headphones without the rest of the room to hear. Significant!
Finally, for those who have never been to crossfaders, the switches can be used as cut so scratch 90s. Special but effective.
- The equalizer is effective and can even mute the sound to minimum.
No sizzle is to regret after 2 years of daily use.
There's no latency from input to output.
the master output is powerful and does not deteriorate too much the sound when it is strong, but I still recommend putting it in depth.
There is no breath that is external power. There is no power supply inside which prevents any magnetic field induces a current flow with high intensity.
In some cons, there is no protection for the power system or even the table itself. If there is a change in current, the processor grid and then I can tell you that you prefer to buy another table rather than trying to find a new transformer: it is impossible because there is basically that Stanton supplier in France who can provide this kind of play ... When they are supplied! I'm still waiting I ordered mine 3 months ago already!
- Overall Opinion
- I use this table for 2-3 years now, and I've never had to complain. It is robust, original in its daily use with its linear configuration and is very suitable for novice DJs on a budget. Nevertheless, I think for a DJ who wants to be confirmed perfectionist, a table of cost and quality higher is recommended (RANE TT56, Vestax PMC 07, Ecler HAK 360, Numark DXM Pro).
Prior to this table, I used an Ecler HAK 320 which, of course, was more complete, higher quality regarding the ciruit printed ... One of the major references mixer Hip Hop. Nevertheless, the SA-5 has little to envy in the HAK 320.
The quality / price is fair given the quality of the console and its price is high.
- Very good value for money, but three things I chargrinent. Headphone Ultra strong! to blow up your ears! Not enough lights on the tables (we see nothing) and last little problem: If you made the purchase of a Pro X Fader for this table is normally flexible, be aware that you must file with "a tail rat "the location of the cross, file holes to attach the file and then cross the plate covering your mixer. Last detail, you go for the pins have to force a little while twisting a button of pastic.
- Spuer simple
- Overall Opinion
- This is one of the cheapest tables that can fit a Pro X fader!
- It is not rack mountable. But its design is very nice. and the new logo of Stanton throws ;-) (but it does not mix with the logo that's right)
Table two special DJ mix two tracks, preferably hip hop.
Three mini-faders on each track with equalizers fontion kill for the complete removal of each frequency.
- The general configuration is very simple and the first grip is very intuitive.
all the usual functions are easily accessible and equalizers in minifaders and not circular potentiometer knob are invetions that deserve acclamation.
Between us, I never read the manual.
- Not a breath during the recording output or Master. Equalizer effective as totally eliminates frequency as needed (needed to effect a "trance" at a party techno)
- Overall Opinion
- Used for three months.
This table is sturdy. We are not afraid to destroy the buttons when used fairly muscular. But we can not rack. It has its place alongside vinyl turntables and not next to the DJ CD players.
The price / quality ratio is very interesting. I prefer this model to a VESTAX PMC07 example.
I do it again this choice with the experience but it would be nice with "skins" different. That is to say the color and trim off the table.