Arturia Spark user reviews
An AudioFanzine member requested an additional user review for this product. You can join him in requesting a user review or help him by writing a user review!
- The spark is a great forward thinking idea put forth by Arturia. I wasn't sure what to expect considering this was Arturia's first walk in the park with a drum type machine and it was to be my first drum machine, but I have been very happy with the results. At this price point, I am very pleased with my purchase. The spark boasts some big time features as well as emulations of the famed 808, 909, and more. I wasn't expecting much from the content that came with the machine, since I already have so many sample drum packs, but I was floored by the quality of the included samples.
- The manual was very clear and sufficient. I really didnt even need it!
- The quality of the samples caught me off guard. The interface looks a bit tricky and confusing at first, but within minutes I was jamming. The way everything integrates is very easy to understand which was a concern of mine. Spark is a unique instrument and approach to building drums but it is also a very straight forward and easy to understand instrument. Basically, you can create up to 16 tracks, each with up to 64 steps. These tracks are numbered 1-16 and placed in a circle.
- Overall Opinion
- Overall, I can sit and play with Spark for hours and have so much fun. Bringing back the tactile feel of a drum machine that’s been missing from my arsenal for so long, but adding features that are very cleverly thought out and making them easy to get to.
Spark ships with a great array of sounds and as I mentioned, it’s easy to change banks or individual sounds within a bank and add your own sounds.
Probably the most amazing thing about Spark is the price. I had to look a couple of times to realize that at $599 retail, the hardware controller comes with Spark. How Arturia does this with such a great piece of hardware is nothing short of incredible.
- Totally independant unit. Tons of drum sounds. This unit is very much its own thing. I'm not sure I can compare it to any other drum machine. The capability is well on par with the price point. The stock content is actually very good. 808 drums. 30 kits. I could talk about this thing all day but I won't get too deep into the features yet.
- The interface is a bit tricky at first. I would describe it as slightly futuristic. But after you get the swing of things and maybe read the manual it becomes quite easy to use. It runs like a mixing board almost. You can run 16 tracks with 64 steps. You select the tracks via the circular dial. It's quite a unique system. Each track has a preset loaded from your bank. You have a number of onboard effects to pick from and they are surprisingly really good, just like the samples. Using it like this it's not too complicated but be warned that's just the surface. You can get very deep with the Spark. Personally I never get too crazy with it as I basically stick to some classic sounds. I use the effects sparingly but not because they are bad at all.
- The sounds are kind of a vintage meets modern style. The 808's are of course more in line with newer stuff, while the linndrum sounds do the 80's thing. Honestly there's just a lot of great classic sounds here and no matter what your style of music you can probably find your kit. I use them all at one time or the other. It definitely does lean more toward the vintage sounds though. It's not quite a hip hop sounding unit at its core. The effects are good, although you need to have experience dialing them in.
- Overall Opinion
- I really like the unique interface. It's what originally drew me to the unit. This was actually my first drum machine so at the time I didn't realize how weird this thing was. My initial concern was the kits quality but admittedly these are some of the best kits out there even in the computer realm. Especially the linndrum and the 808 stuff. I think the value is amazing considering the quality you get here. Highly recommended unit especially if you do vintage stuff.
User reviews in other languages
- effects are correct, the xy pad ca c 'is (Novation inspiration ...)
# The screen is not terrible terrible, however the interface is impeccable!
- Super easy to use! No instructions needed. While thinking drag n drop
The manual is thick but really not necessary!
- The sounds are very good in all but n # there is not much compared to 16,000 in Maschine. You will need to import your own, but there may be large differences in quality and volume!
The sounds are not as good as on NI Maschine
- Overall Opinion
- I use 4 Months, But after having tried the Maschine Native Instruments, I immediately sold!
Problem she can not concentrate on the rhythms ...
Latency is noteworthy is the reaction of the pads.
Face Maschine it is unfortunately not the weight!
c is the most accessible bank in 4 of 16 Patterns
The plastic knobs are not convincing and really annoying latency ca ...
Good Product for 300 Euros secondhand, although NI Maschine Mikro between 199 Euros and has even secondhand Spark to 300 Euros, the choice to wear Maschine.
Not with the experience I would do that choice, however it is a machine which can be very interesting in a future version will be more convincing.
Already by starting to put pads and at least 16 banks A, B, C, D or like Akai MPC Maschine, because 16 sounds Maxima Tracks by c # is that .. See Frustrating Leger has long
Do not count on almost Patterns program is very hip hop R # NB, ca reminds patterns of the EMU MP7!
The spark she seduced very quickly at first, but you get tired very quickly to only 16 songs with sounds .... Damage, but Arturia should be trying to work on Spark MK2 .. patience, but there is work to catch up Maschine or Akai renaissance novella ... They should consider is the style guide Beat Thang on battery, independent and with a good sound bank ..
Even beat Thang proposes 3000d'origine
But the little fifty parts kits has 16 sounds Arturia is Skinny Cow .. especially since they are more hip hop electro Techno (Case of Gout, but Arturia Analog synth which sells to the moog, I do not see # this too that it took them want to go on the field hiphop, especially with 8 pads Poor (Note Invoice excellent however, I love the quality of the pads!) ...) is 479 Euros, think there 2 times for 300 Euros ... Because we can not afford one secondhand Korg Electribe esx which is much more efficient to live the small Grenoble and uses 250 sounds live ... not 16! :)
Maschine Mikro is currently 199 Euros!
- I use it in Live 8 in vst. I made deep techno, so the kit oldscool are perfect. everything is editable with amazingly simple.
stand alone or VST is absolutely awesome.
- everything is clear. publishing this fact very easily. drag and drog mode is awesome.
- perfect for my style of music.
- Overall Opinion
- I use it for 2 months, c is the central machine of my configue. manufacturing is super nice and quality. this is the Arturia.
I'd love that she can stand alone sent a twelve o'clock clock via its MIDI port. history really optimize its use. it can be expected in the next update. this machine is the perfect cross between hard and soft.
- midi in out, usb
I am satisfied for now, is the most .. AC drives ..
- Operation is intuitive it really is going on largely manual,
We find all the advantages of a groove box, it's a real pleasure to deal (in loop mode)
AC leaves much to the imagination ..
and the feast of having the knob of stored above each pad is really well thought out .. we can easily adjust each sound independently and create loops really rich sound.
- I do a lot of electronic music right now using analog synths more or less old enough color so hot, and spark up to ca largely I think because the sound is powerful, just as aggressive pr sound heavier than a mild directory hottest hip hop, pop show.
SERIOUSLY I CAN NOT do without it!!
namely that banks are very rich may have downloaded extensions or pack in more ..
I was pleasantly surprised by the samples offered by having ambient sounds of the instruments that limit see the full blow of the rif battery perfectly. I remember hours spent Colé above the spark, it can limit itself to sufir itself is addictive and all of outstanding quality, that's what's right, it sounds powerful and incredible clarity c ' is perfect.
- Overall Opinion
- I use it for 6 months and I no longer compose a song without yet I made recently of pop, hip hop and ca's always great.
However I have not used a lot of drum machine before. After I also have a groove box 'Maschine' from native instrument, I find that the drum sound of spark tape over, by the sounds against "Native Instruments" are really excellent, incredible. I do a bit of advertising can be dsl but the alliance "Spark", "Maschine" is amazing (we completely forget the MPC, in my simple opinion of course: p) and if unfortunately you added a little sound " moog "more then this is the beginning of a story ... (Arturia pack offers VST, AU "Moog" very interesting ... not as hot as an original but quite frankly with their particular emulation technology TAE instability reproducing analog oscillators at the time)
sorry I just broadens the subject but anyway go there it is blessed bread!
- see sheet manufacturer
- can not be easier! really simple at all points
attention however to the ram (I really advice 4GB)
- I have used it mainly for the electro and old school tribe.
sounds really good (arturia what!)
- Overall Opinion
- I use it for 3 months.
I like the way to play on, the varieter sounds, the possibilities of really top publishing and design ..
The least: the consolidated cpu ...
very good price.
I unfortunately am separate (sale of aillor) but it breaks my heart!
- The Spark is a rhythm box is software with a hardware controller.
Regarding the characteristics, there are all the details on the manufacturer's website.
- Construction is serious and inspires confidence. The pads are very good and very pleasant to the fingers.
The installation and operation is very simple standalone and does not break problem.
I installed it in under Reaper VST. Works well except for some fairly high latency times. I have not yet found the cause, to dig.
The interface is very intuitive. The interface is well thought out and within minutes you forget the technical side to make only sound.
And in case it hangs on something, the manual provided (in real paper please!) Is clear and there are easy answers to our questions.
- There is a beautiful palette of sound banks that sound! Be somewhat lacking one or two banks more acoustic.
At the creative level, there is plenty to do. They just add their own sounds and create their own banks.
Each instrument can be filtered, pitched, breaded, etc., etc. .. and individually.
The mixer allows you to add effects such as compression, delay, crush, distortion etc. ...
I found particularly effective especially integrated compressor to create Kick pêchus.
I love the FX pad that allows the application of reverse effects, tape, strobe, etc., live.
- Overall Opinion
- I use it for three months.
Previously I had tried NI Maschine.
-The creative possibilities and sound quality of banks.
SAV-A real answer for that.
-The inevitable use of the mouse (right there ... I quibble).
The Spark is a execllente machine and this choice I would do without hesitation.
- Excellent product, very easy to use.
Connections MIDI: Yes No audio.
- Manuel really well done is rare. And especially one that will sav rponds.
- To me the sounds are standard, while doing what I expected.
I use it to accompany the dancers. However, two small default.
For now no record MIDI, but the update quickly Pipelines Limited.
And impossible to use without a computer unlike spark my tr 707.
- Overall Opinion
- For 2 weeks.
Yes I have almost everything essay.J 'have a very dailleurs 707
Report quality price, although a careful maschine plac.Mais good example.
Yes I would do this choice.
Groove box / box ryhtme
- 16 key - 64 step sequencer
- 8 velocity sensitive pads
- Touch sensitive FX Pad
- Assignable encoders
- Aluminum enclosure
- Works as a universal MIDI controller Towards Any third-party software:
- Extreme quality sound engines including: TAE ® Analog synthesis, sampling multilayered Delivered by reference third-party companies, Physical modeling
- Repeat with FX Pad, Tape, Reverse, Strobe, Pan, Mix, 3 Filter mode and roll.
- Loop mode with advanced functions "divide" and "move"
- Real-time automation of all parameters
- 16 track mixer with 9 high quality effects: compressor, reverb, bit crusher, multi-band EQ, chorus, delay, distortion, phaser, reverb plate
- Song Mode: up to 64 patterns per song
- Shift and Shuffle modes to humanize grooves
- Easy import of audio samples, MIDI files and loops Rex
- Drag and drop MIDI export of patterns and patterns in your DAW
- Standalone and plugin (VST, AU, RTAS)
- Import of audio samples easily, MIDI files and Rex loops
- Drag & drop export of MIDI patterns and audio in your DAW
- Get started fast, basic operation very simple and intuitive everything is in the manual is very well explained!
- sounds very clean and the net effect a gogo I did not use too original sounds at the beginning because I was just really clear! battery levels I never used a drum machine with the same sin that emulates both the box that sounds real! but finally when c can have a shoot later in the edit sounds (internal or import) and its effect becomes very interresting c the spark that releases all its power and frankly it has serious potato! I can not think up to make wobble bass with this machine we call "creative DRUM machine" in fact I use it rained and rained, I realize that there really is a lot of opportunity and diversity at both levels of the sounds to use the spark of course must be triturated every knob (for those who like:)! I made the dub / dubstep coupled with a virus and my my emx b while its in sync via Abelton! and nikel works!
- Overall Opinion
- How long have you use it?
since its release
Have you tried many other models before buying it?
I believe that machine sounds NI is only competition there and frankly not interest me!
What is so special that you like most?
that there is no limit in the editing and creating the spark!
the seriousness of arturia c in product and customer service!
the controller (even if it lacks the sides of wood;)
sounds and effects!
in short the spark!
still lacks any instrument or fx different that I would see in the genre: guitar trumpet ... but I trust that knows us has arturia pack offered varied!
If I remake it again the same choice and I can even take two!! :)
- Go read the page on the site builder
- Very easy to use, some problems sync slave mode in Host software (VST). But quickly settled. Quick, very intuitive. Many functions available through shortcuts very well thought out.
- Powerful sound, samples embedded that will delight fans of the first drum machines. Sounds "analog" with TAE and the excellent work of Arturia which are well known for their vintage synth VST. Ability to import their own samples, change them. After we like it or not. But this is very good.
- Overall Opinion
- Bought not long ago, I quickly built this machine to my config. Coupled with an Arturia Origin Nuendo, all is well oiled. The following spark terribly well. The pads respond and ask for more, the creative possibilities are endless.
Already seen with the origin, Arturia remains in its approach to creative freedom based machines legendary. Level support, always the same, the updates are there regularly to correct any bugs (do not forget that we are dealing with a software) and members of arturia answer your questions. On game modes, it can easily be used in standalone, or controlled by a software computer music. Even in slave mode, it remains a great deal of live in the game, especially when using the built-in effects with the touch area (Pad FX), and by changing and editing pattern that is just fantastic level design. Ability to disable the quantification, which can record on the fly, creating rolls wherever you want ... short a killing!
I had a Yamaha RS7000, I think unfortunately it will regain its board, because even if it was previously one of the best hardware sequencers (drum and synth), Spark, when used with a sequencer computer music, offers a section drumbox much more modern and suitable for creating electro (not only) of today who want quick and easy.
- Page: 1