Fender Deluxe Aerodyne Jazz Bass - Black user reviews
If you are not satisfied by the reviews below, feel free to request a user review for this product
- The Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass is a model from Fender that was meant to be a sort of classic and elegant take on the typical Standard Jazz Bass mixed with a Fender P Bass. The result is essentially a great bass that covers both the Precision Bass and the Jazz Bass tones quite well in an expertly crafted and high quality bass guitar. It is crafted in Japan and features a basswood body, a maple neck with rosewood fretboard, black hardware, nice cream binding, and a pair of Fender pickups (a P Bass pickup in the front coupled with a Jazz Bass pickup in the back. The controls are simple volumes with a master tone.
- The design of this bass is pretty ergonomic I would say. It's reasonably light and forms to the body well. The basswood makes this possible by being a particularly lightweight wood to work with. The shape is nicely contoured and is no issue to play standing up or sitting down. The upper fret access is great on this bass, though there is only 20 of them as opposed to 22 or 24. Getting a good sound is quite easy. The basswood/maple construction offers a nice punchy and full sound that works well for funk, blues, rock, jazz, you name it. The P Bass pickup offers some nice and rich low end thump, whereas the J Bass pickup is brighter and clearer, great for more trebly sounds. You can even blend the two together for some awesome middle of the road tones.
- This bass has a great sound. I'm primarily a guitar player so when I do pick up a bass it's because I really like its playability and pure sound. This is definitely the case with the Aerodyne Jazz. Through my Fender 1x15 combo amp the tone is very thick and full sounding. The bass sounds clear and distinct on all positions of the fretboard, and the contrast between the thicker bass tones of the P bass pickup verses the clear and bright tones of the J bass pickup make this a very versatile instrument. Adding a bit of distortion to this bass made it sound really grungy and aggressive, very cool for rock styles where you can trade definition for a more rippin' tone. The only thing to watch is that you will get a bit of noise due to using the single coil pickups with distortion.
- Overall Opinion
- All in all I think the Fender Aerodyne Jazz is a great bass for anyone looking for a unique take on the standard Jazz or Precision Bass that's melded together in one cohesive and great sounding package. They're built to a very high quality standard and the tones are excellent. Not to mention the classy look as well. At $800 new these basses are a killer value for the money and definitely worth checking out.
User reviews in other languages
- -Made in Japan
Channel: 20 frets, 34 "
-2 Microphones: 1 Precision Bass and Jazz Bass
-3 Knobs: 1 volume + 1 tone micro
Flip-standart = a vulgar piece of bent sheet metal ...
Fender's standard in this price range. I'm still very disappointed by the bridge ... on the other hand buttons, mechanical and hearsay are finished easel "Smoked Chrome" the most beautiful effect. It was the note at 7 / 10.
- I turned initially for a Jaguar Bass (active) but I was initially disappointed by the sound and especially the imbalance of the entire instrument!
So I rabatu Aerodyne to this shape, and look so appealing. The instrument is lightweight and much more balanced. The handle is a delight! and access to the treble is fairly easy.
I play finger and I can position my right hand perfectly and is pretty cool!
At the sound, the knobs do not allow very fine adjustment. Rather, the on / off ... This will reduce my rating to 7 / 10.
- I play in a rock band. It was pretty raw sound and pure. (Http://www.myspace.com/clocknworks) This bass suits me especially in this style. The roundness is just intoxicating highs are crisp, good depth ... "/>
However, it does not leave a very diverse range of sounds ... but the little she does, she does it well! and as I said, the knobs do not allow precise mix of the 2 microphones ...
Sometimes I have to play on stage directly with a junction box (no amp) with this bass and my sound was still cool.
I play mainly finger out but the bass sounds too perfect to slap or pick.
- Overall Opinion
- I have the bass for 6 months now. This is my second bass. I was looking for a proper instrument to play with my band. It works well for sounds that I wanted. Moreover it is really beautiful. We could play in his underwear kangaroo with this bass, you're still the class!
However, I begin to have toured the sounds and I feel a bit limited ... I think I will evolve into an active bass or at least a passive offers a range of sounds a little wider.
The quality / price ratio is almost perfect, just missing a bridge a little less cheap. I tried a lot of other bass in the same price range (900 to 1000 €) and Fender just kidding about this.
At the time, I was reluctant with Sandberg J-style in the same price ... I do not regret it, but almost!
If this bass suits your sound, go for it without hesitation: she is beautiful, efficient, balanced and pleasant, even flattering to be used.
If you are looking for a truly versatile instrument, go your way.
- Made in japan
20 frets, a micro-bp central bridge and jb
A microphone and a volume Tone gnrale
- Channel trs enjoyable, fairly late "a German motorway"
accsa dernire the cargo limit but good all the same ...
the styling of the body offers good ergonomics, comfortable sitting as standing
it takes a little time to adapt when the rglages, but once you understand the stuff is crazy!
- I play a little bit of everything from funk to reggae but also rock, and is comfortable in trs all these styles
I play on a Genz-Benz with an hp 15 "
thanks to two types of microphones, we find the fender's either bp or so jb: bass round and lime but also very sharp and crystal clear treble (with good rglages)
I put him 10/10 because I am falling in love ^ ^
- Overall Opinion
- I use it for a month and I do lche more! I especially like the beautiful black dress and the standard range of sounds it offers ... The bass is versatile than I expected!
I tried jazz bass in the same price range, and has dmarque far ...
qualitprix the report is standard, I do it again this choice plutt ten times that!
despite what I think, this is only my opinion and it would be better if you even eesayez you to judge ...
- Well, at this level, no need to dwell more than what has been said, except to say that despite the fact that this is not an American, it is very well made, the finish is very good, Mechanical do their job. For now, no problem at the technical level (it is about 6 months I use it). Worth a good little 9 / 10, remembering that this is not a Fender, which would surely US cost four times as much, if you want to compare it to a P-bass deluxe example.
- Also a 9 / 10. The first thing that shocks by taking the low hand is its weight. Incredibly light for a low, very nice for shorter riders like me, so I can move without too much soreness the next day, but I also think it's very enjoyable for everyone.
Then the handle: it is a very nice race rather late, although there are much smaller. Anyway very nice to handle and convenient to maneuver "risky" leaves a great freedom of movement, in fact, for small hands.
Otherwise, the sound will depend more than the amp as the bass, which can be configured at leisure in the manner of a P-bass or Jazz bass, with little more roundness in particular. We must make the right choice between the two microphones, equalization choose between the two, and it provides a range of sounds rather large and very varied.
- I play in a rock band French tend to quiet, with acoustic guitar and piano. I was looking for a sound that can be well rounded, and with the assembly of the two pickups I could get what I wanted.
Unfortunately, my current hardware does not allow me to draw all its essence, far from it. In fact, I only have a Hartke amp 30watts. Rather pathetic is not it? Anyway, the times I could use another amp, the bass was up to its name. Fender, the king of electric basses! My experience was the most conclusive of Warwick Pro Fet amplifier 5.1. I had to spend about 1 hour to complete the settings on both the bass on the amp, only to get a splendid, which was well defined while still being very round.
I was also able to get fun sound very rock cutting, for example, the microphone located in the simple bridge, in order to get the sound of a P-bass. Or otherwise obtain a sound worthy of a Jazz-bass by decreasing the microphone volume double.
Obviously it's a long job of mixing multiple settings with those of an amplifier, also many of the bass. But the sound is there! With a little time can be achieved with its huge range of the bass sound worthy of the big rock greasy (but are not as effective as a MusicMan example) to its all round very soft like that I was looking for .
This bass deserves a good 10/10, as its palette of sound is not only huge but also quality.
- Overall Opinion
- So here is obtained by a low offer a very wide range of sounds, great quality and a good finish.
It also has a great look, which plays a lot in its favor, it must be said. Moreover, it is still a small effect on stage! But as the look is not everything, it should first be able to make their own opinion. If you are looking for an aggressive sound, this bass is not so much for you, although it is possible to take something out! But for everything else, from blues to punk (old punk, or bass guitar as much as disgusting), but rather it should do well. Unfortunately, it remains very difficult to find in stores, which forced me to order it online. With a guarantee of course.
Fortunately, I was not disappointed, quite the contrary! I have tried the Fender P-bass and Jazz bass, for example, and Ibanez, offering the same principle of microphones. The sound is halfway between the two Fender, although different, not worse, but different, and significantly different from Ibanez!
This "Jazz-Bass" Aerodyne is a unique low, which of the mouth and sound! I will surely keep a few more good years!
Its price is largely justified, I would do this choice. And if one day I can afford (we can always dream!), I hope that the reissue Fender US version, so you can use the low of my career, in my opinion.
For both beginners and experienced, this bass is an excellent choice. 10/10.
- That says it all down ^ ^
I just put 9 because not enough hoops for my taste (21 would be better t)
- The top handle is comfortable, just the absence of request keying a little time to adapt ...
the last frets are very accessible
the form of specific instruments AIRCRAFT actually trslger
the knobs allow many combinations diffrent ...
- I play rock in major part, so the PB mic is perfect for this genre, but to pair marrive to JB for a more vintage
I play on an amp Ashdown Mag 300-115 and I have a big muff and a Nano bassball United States both in the EH
I do not have all the sounds Retailer possible but say versatility is required (with a lower limit for the slap anyway)
IMENSIONS and I love this panel!
- Overall Opinion
- I have for over a year now
jadore possibilities of the two mics DIFFERENT
I esaaye many other models in Fender (I really wanted one ^ ^)
I think the price is justified (899 in Belgium) since it is a deluxe low
if I could, yes I would do this choice
- Made in Japan, 20 frets, 2 volume and Tone is a rgal the handle, the instrument is beautiful. The person I bought it has plates Abalone inlay on the handle, working pro. Unique touch. The original pickups are really good, well balanced and musical. But the snarling rock I play, I've replaced with Seymour Duncan (SPB-3-3 and Sjb Quarter-Pound P-Bass). Big big big sound, with the same balance and variation on the same. A killing.
- The handle is perfect I got, fast, comfortable, Access in acute nickel. Ergonomics default, clean finish. Gloss messy, but resistant. Reduces the weight by the bevel of the body is an important asset, the sustain is exemplary throughout the spectrum. No fatigue APRS several hours. Choose the rglage you want, the sound is good trs, with the original pickups, with the new standard.
- I play a lot of things, mostly rock (from folk to metal). Aerodyne fits perfectly in my snarling rock (example http://www.myspace.com/themightyastromen/ ).
The sound is warm, prcis, living, dynamic (thank you to liabilities), all the nuances emerge from pianissimo to fortissimo. I use most often to catch the two microphones (shuffled subtle PB / JB) and I play slightly on the volume of one or the other the opportunity to emphasize the bass or treble. SECRTS my boot? I spend a SansAmp Bass Driver DI (plus a boost and distortion boss crushes for any occasion Resistors ). My sound is close trs qq is the amp (RPET, concerts, etc.). Middle and large. All trs not sound far from a Sub ... the wise ..
- Overall Opinion
- I've had 14 months. I see nothing against him. If this is to quibble varnish messy, but who cares. I tried to active (not enough living, dynamic my taste), the Fender more traditional, a bit of everything. But this step-the conquered me. The report quality price? I had a monster bowl, buy a fan on ebay 550euros the nine state, fly included. I resign my eyes closed. Such an instrument that price is indcent. It is true that the price of nine, began to do some chrot. But this is an excellent instrument, musical, finishing at its irrprochable with its own personality (JB / PB, look, weight, etc.). Do not insist, I do not sell! ;)
- Jazz bass made in Japan, 20 frets, a microphone and a microphone PB JB
- Channel pleasant to use, access to acute impeccable, it is fairly lightweight and ergonomic design is very nice
- The sound of the PB is punchy, the sound is very serious and "fit in".
I play with a multi-effects amp AMPEG BA115 + ZOOM B2U
The sound of the JB is average in the high, I prefer that of my Tokai for crystalline highs, I think changing the micro JB later.
- Overall Opinion
- I made only two rehearsals with a notice so it's "hot", I edit in qqs months.
If the experiment was a repeat I do not command but I would go on Thomann to my local luthier because the race was by no means settled and the four strings buzzed happily after a stint at Troc Music in Rennes the problem was resolved. I put 8 / 10 for the excessive price in France (1150 euro: s) and micro JB that sounds not as good as that of my 84-Tokai Lawsuit
- Low factory in Japan, with accessories US
Affects 20 frets,, short scale,, super enjoyable
2 microphones US,, precision in the center and Jazz bass to treble,,, What tone range!
The rglages are identical the US Jazz Bass,,,, I changed the buttons mtal by original Jazz Bass,,, got question ....
While the handle, is the highway, a rgal,,, nothing wrong ..........
- It is,, The Channel! ! ! Access in acute poses no problem (requires Fender)
The basswood body of the Jazz Bass has matured in thickness t,,, which gives it a weight gain not ngligeable,,, especially when you play three hours standing.
Its black lacquer with its binding crme,,, ct Classy strengthens the scraper.
The mixing of the two microphones, with a bit of experience, is a rgal on my Ampeg Rocket 100.
- Styles are trs Varis,,, POP and fairly Blues, but the Slappeur rgaler must be able to as well.
Personally, my sounds are prfrs Pop are very fat, and the sound waves passing through a New BassAttack of Hartke,,,
- Overall Opinion
- I possde several Basses (500 / 1 Hofner-Rickenbecker 4001 - Gretsch Tennessean Line 6 Variax bass), but it is my Low of references that most closely matches my expectations of music, others are more types or specially
In addition, the purchase price of this bass, bought in September 2004, is located between Mexico and a US, so report quality / price excellent,,, Also,,, I believe that c is a SERIES limit and it will be impossible to dnicher one in a while! !
- Amricaine assembled in Japan.
2 Typical Fender pickups.
Quality of mcaniques indniable.
- Channel extra comfortable.
Trs good Auw AIGS ACCS.
Lgre body thin enough yet steady.
Great sound, thanks the magic of the magic of Fender pickups.
- Sounds as good for jazz blues that rock.
As well as mediator to the fingers.
- Overall Opinion
- I use it for two months.
The quality of wood and his Fender.
The extra look, black with the white net crme which frames.
A beautiful SERIES.
Weight to play a long standing ...
Trs good price for an almost amricaine.
No regrets, except for not having bought more than tt!
- The Aerodyne is made in Japan, it's super quality.
- Handle very soft, fine, smooth (hand fits easily). Very easy to play, even access to acute
The bass is lightweight, pleasant c'e'st
- There are two microphones, a P bass and Jazz bass, which allows to explore a wide spectrum and two types of sounds, a punchy and the other more "treeble" and "growl" characteristic the J bass
- Overall Opinion
- A good quality price, even if they could have it shipped overnight