Enlarge
Add this product to
  • My former gear
  • My current gear
  • My wishlist
Yamaha FX550
Images
1/17

Thread Change C2032 battery, how to remove warning lite after.

• 5 replies
  • 6 participants
  • 6 followers
1 Change C2032 battery, how to remove warning lite after.
Got myself Classic, rare Yamaha FX550 guitar FX.
It needed a new battery, It was showing lost data sign.I Replaced battery,and powered the unit up but noticed it was still showing warning lost data sign.
(Apparently, when replacing the battery, all USER programs are lost).
I noticed that after replacing the battery and powering up the unit I could store and retain USER programs. I guess there must be some sort of facory prestting,or Reinitionisation sequence of powering up and button pressing
That resets the unit.
Works ok but The battery warning lite need to be switched off.
Any ideas folks?
Scoured the Manual,NO mention of how to reset the unit!

Confused Ewan.
Hello,

I don't know if anyone has answered this yet, so I will.

To perform a factory default reset or restore on a Yamaha FX550 Guitar Effects processor

Power off the unit
Hold down the COMP and MOD buttons
While holding COMP and MOD turn the unit on.

Please cross-post this information anywhere necessary as it is not documented anywhere for this specific unit.  This is the same reset procedure as the one for the FX500

Have usedFX550 for 20 years. Great unit.  Bit noisy in studio though.  I changed the battery two years ago and had just put up with losing data on power down   Thanks for MOD COMP tip worked first time!!icon_aime.gif

Now!!!! .......Do you have the same for Yamaha DX27 synth?   Anybody?icon_confused.gif

Thank you, ionia23  icon_cool.gif

I have put up with this warning for 10 years... icon_mad.gif Thanks again icon_mdr.gif

Today, September 6, 2012, I've changed the battery in my FX550, bought it in 1995. About 1 year ago, was showing signs of lost data. Lost only 1 user program, nº51.
I bought today a CR2032 battery, and with the unit powered on, I've replaced the battery, and everything went well, did not missed any other program.
Reprogrammed and after i have saved again the lost nº51, the alarm continues, but after I shut it down about 2 times the alarm disappeared.

Hope this can help anyone.

( Sorry for the English )

[ Post last edited on 09/06/2012 at 18:48:25 ]

why I can't reset my yamaha fx550.
I do this process Power off the unit
Hold down the COMP and MOD buttons
While holding COMP and MOD turn the unit on.
nothings happen to my yamaha fx550.