Vigier Excalibur Supra 7 - Urban Metal Maple w/ Matching Headstock user reviews
- (Originally written by bedrael/translated from Audiofanzine FR)
Beautiful guitar made in France.
Alder body, maple neck with carbon truss rod and maple fingerboard. 24 frets, 7 strings.
H-S-H pickup combination with 5-way toggle switch.
- At first sight the most impressive feature is the neck quality. It feels pleasant and is perfectly adjusted. Access to the 24th fret is not as easy as you might think. The guitar is quite heavy considering it has no mahogany.
- I play mainly heavy metal, prog metal Ã la Dream Theater and progressive rock Ã la Pink Floyd and Porcupine Tree. The guitar is great for all these music styles. You can use it with every music style thanks to its versatile pickups and the 5-way toggle switch. The overall sound is crystal-clear, round and well-balanced. As a summary, it has an amazing prog rock sound.
- Overall Opinion
- I've owned it for one week. I also have a Musicman Petrucci. The playing feel of both instruments is very different but they have a similar sound. The Vigier is more versatile, it can even sound like a Strat, which is impossible with the Petrucci. As a summary, the Supra 7 is an exceptional instrument with a very good finish quality that justifies its price. I bought it because I wanted a 7-string guitar without a Floyd Rose tremolo. And I'm not disappointed at all. Now my Petrucci is jealous!
- Made in France and we can be proud.
I fitted a crunchlab and a home liquifire dimarzio.Utilisés by John Petrucci. While retaining the single blaze.
The pickups are tops of origins, but I have a UV777BK VAI DiMarzio humbucker with this monte.Du blaze.
It sounds god of fire.
- Top Top Top. I dream of a piezo JPXI with the problem is the price.
- I play Prog Metal, resumption 70'S, blues, she's extremely versatile
Everything is good in the pig ...
- Overall Opinion
- I uv777bk one I use at least since the acquisition of supra7.
The handle ergonomics, everything is top, the sound was nice with mics origins,
but the new mounts gives another dimension
- Guitar Made in France.
The handle is screwed with carbon reinforcement (no stem).
Brand pickups: DiMarzio
Microphone type: H / S / H
- Micro serious humbucking
- Micro serious single-coil + microphone central
- Micro + micro severe acute in single-coil
- Micro acute central single coil + microphone
- Micro acute humbucking
Technical information are towed to the site of vigier:
- The handle is very nice despite the fact that we are on a 7-string is even one of the most enjoyable rounds I've tested (the ibanez steve included).
The guitar is well balanced, more cumbersome than forcing six strings but no gene at the game (either standing or seated).
In general the guitar is really "easy" to play, access to acute is done without special efforts.
Access to the 7th string does not cramp in his hand, a quick treat.
- I play metal and it sounds really good, this guitar is just versatile, it people in many cases (jazzy bluesy ...) the responses of microphone positions is really excellent and much appreciated.
ENGL Powerball I play in concert.
I use a preamp by repeating AMT rack and power amp for rehearsal room.
Leaving time for the lamps to heat, it works very well.
I love the clear sound, and saturates, I really have nothing to say about this guitar.
- Overall Opinion
- I have since the beginning of the year (a bit loan), I use it during rehearsals / concert it really suits me.
I tried the Ibanez models, and music man.
The characteristic that I like and that made me buy this guitar (apart from the fact that I always dreamed of having an Excalibur) is the comfort of games and the sound of the guitar.
What I regret is probably the tremolo (vibrato The non-blocking Vigier 2017) that only goes in one direction, you have to adapt but it's still very enjoyable.
On occasion, the value for money is exceptional, I do not regret this purchase.
- As discussed below, I will not rpter the diffrence that I have not since my rosewood handle is as white as the picture.
Just a personal opinion on the look, it is very catchy and excalibur big crit, blah ... the handle with his white head is a standard pallet standard espce photos when lighting swing warm colors, unusual but not ugly this time.
I put 8 to look around and passes the name "hroique" the guitar ... the remainder is 9 or 10.
- I was afraid to come out of the blocks string Ibanez (floyd) level required to tuning, great surprise, moves a little more but not normment and we gain much in sustain, heat and natural sound.
The handle is trs trs enjoyable, it is difficult to iron on something else then music can be hand man. Balance is the guitar strap locks and holds free and without switch or force on the shoulder. The carbon reinforcement plays perfectly its rle, the handle never moves! ever! ever! regardless of the pulling of strings, the force of the left arm, put on the shots, a move!
The sound is very well regardless of the position microphones, which are also not adjustable in height (or so I have not found the manipulation). Reserved for small single coil is missing in the juice can be serious ... but it is rarely what we want a single coil.
One of the most versatile guitar I know, thundering!
- Trs versatile sounds for rock, funk, mtal of pop, reggae / dub and probably many other things I know to play.
The sustain is exceptional, worthy of the great electric solid body guitars.
Clear highs, slamming if pressed, soft, otherwise serious musical purr hyper, good balance of sound throughout the range, regardless of the location on the handle.
It's quality and also because its default IMMEDIATE not recognize the sound as a les paul or tlcaster. In my case I was going well.
- Overall Opinion
- I use it for six months, what I like most is his musicality that I like least is its look.
I always Ibanez (see my profile) I tried also washburn (trs below quality and price as petrucci music man who is very well too.
The ratio quality price is right, I got it on occasion it is exceptional as the instrument ages trs well. Looking back I do not intend to return to my ibanez guitar from backup if a rope breaks.
- Made in France.
24 cases, 3 Di Marzio, 2 doubles + 1 single connected a selector Schaller 5 positions, so that the high end.
The bridge is Wilkinson type with self-locking mechanism behind the head of the guitar, holding very good agreement but personally would prefer a day very good floyd Vigier c is the only thing I haven t like this guitare.Mais the floyd n is not essential for everyone then ...
Volume + a tonalite.
The handle is very nice, flame maple with rosewood fingerboard, Bolt-c is a body with benchmarks "point" and the hoop Zero Vigier.
- The handle is very nice, flame maple with rosewood fingerboard, it s been quite large, but end the game is impeccable comfort, in a few minutes it is already well in hand ... there is obviously the zero fret Vigier the carbon rod and a handle 90/10...donc excellent.
Access to acute L is perfect, since the "horns" of vigier are shorter and the gap between the two larger than c then a Start you can imagine the comfort ....
The ergonomics are impeccable, you do not feel any imbalance, it did not matter a Gibson SG! lol Very comfortable both sitting and standing.
The microphone input of aver s powerful and precise as its clear that in distortion, which allows you get the sound we have in the head without any problem and nor loss of power when you play the bass string of Si, the sound is perfectly balanced between each string.
- It will surprise you, but this guitar is as versatile as other vigier .. indeed, it is not as n metal type that an Ibanez RG or Jackson exemple.Vous can play metal, like funk with intermediate or even the blues ... spends the entire range, simply just to adjust your presets and guitar follow.
I use the Marshall AVT 100 with one in my room and with a POD XT for recording and I'm comfortable on al all styles .... you can ultilisez all effects, the sound will always be as specific and prominent.
to get an ide from clean
sound saturated (ca kills! lol)
- Overall Opinion
- C is an incredible guitar, exceptional playing comfort, powerful sound and Presice in distortion and very shiny clean ... shame that I did need a floyd, c is why I have the sale this evening. ... but I've seen anything better on the market so I'm going to build my 7-string with a floyd luthier
in video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRVN9-Baf14
I sell the
Jean-Do. 06 13 61 22 14