Fender Performer 1000 user reviews
If you are not satisfied by the reviews below, feel free to request a user review for this product
- This is a 5 watt tube amp without any frills like tone or gain, just simply a power switch, volume knob, and a 1/4" standard guitar input. Any tone shaping can be done with effects equipment, but not in a loop, prior to the gain/volume stage.
- This amp really opens up the louder you put it. There really aren't any choices, such as through using different settings, to get a good sound because there are no amplifier settings: simply on/off and whatever volume level you dial up. That being said, this amplifier sounds pretty good, especially in a bedroom or for a home studio environment.
- There is a lot of versatility in that there isn't anything to fiddle with this amp - just whatever effects equipment that gets set up in front of it. So, this amplifier is capable of producing many different tones that all encompass the type of "tube warmth" that us guitar players seem to strive for. This could be the clean kind of tones, the ultra-clean tones used in New Wave (like the Cars) or lots of heavy metal distortion from a pedal for thrash and hardcore music. The higher the volume knob is set, the more the tube is driven, the warmer the tone. Fortunately, with only 5 watts, it doesn't take a whole lot of volume to start driving the tube.
- Overall Opinion
- This is a neat little practice amp, even if it is kind of expensive since it doesn't come with any type of tone shaping controls at all. Still, nice, clean tones are easily delivered from this amp, making it a great combo for someone who just "has to have" tube warmth in their bedroom rig. I ended up passing on this amp, but did go back and forth for a long time, agonizing over whether I'd pick one up or not. I've played a couple different ones for a couple different hours; I would suggest being able to play one the one that you intend to purchase, because they don't all sound the same.
- - What type of amplification (Tube,transistor,...)?
This is hybrid: a tube for the distortion channel preamp, and transistors for the rest, i believe.
- How much power is delivered?
100W RMS and the volume is unusable: turn it a tiny bit and the sound gets stadium-loud...i just can't see the point!
- What connection types are there?
It has a footswith jack, and the supplied one is good: clean, distortion 1 or 2, and reverb.
FX loop too.
- What are the setting controls, effects?...
3 band EQ, volume, gain...reverb...the usual stuff.
The EQ is not bad.
- - Is the general configuration/setup simple?
- Can you easily get a good sound?
I don't like the clean sound much but when i had this amp i was using a crap Washburn KC-20V guitar with real bad mics.
I used to like the yellow distortion though, unique & nice!
- Is the manual clear and sufficient?...
No idea! Who needs a manual with an amp? If you do then you need to get a nicer amp... ;-)
Never managed to get a decent sound out of the FX loop with my Boss ME-6 or my Digitech RP-5.
- - Does it suit your style of music?
Not really...but i think the guitar was to blame...the distortions were good...very nice to have 2 to choose from.
- With what guitar(s)/bass(es) or effect(s) do you use it?
I used to use a Washburn KC-20V, awful guitar!
- What kind of sound do you get out of it and with what settings ("clear", "heavy",....)?
Nice yellow distortion when you curve out the mids a bit. Great for rhythm.
Nicely aggressive red distortion for solos.
- Overall Opinion
- - For how long have you been using it?
I had it for 2 or 3 years i think.
- What thing do you like most/least about it?
Was too big, too heavy, too uselessly powerful.
- Did you try many other models before getting this one?
Nah, i just wanted a very powerful Fender or Marshall amp i could afford.
This was 3150 Francs at the time (about 470 € ie £360).
After this i got a Marshall tube amp, a real one: JTM-60. A very different story...
- What is your opinion about the value for the price?
Looking back, i paid only 25% more for my 60W Marshall tube amp...
Probably much wiser to get a second hand tube amp than this...
- Knowing what you know now, would you make the same choice?...
Nah. Go for real tubes, and much less powerful. Probably 30W is way enough for any indoors use. I mean my 60W amp is litterally deafening on 10. So 30W would still be enough.
User reviews in other languages
- 100 watt hybrid amp, clean and OD channel transistor 12AX7
Clean: A volume and 3-band EQ
OD: Two Crunch and Lead channels each with their own gain, EQ 3 bands common to both
Reverb, and a knob for the effects loop
- Easy grip, careful anyway ears, this amp will soon strong enough, if you play without FX loop, have a Jack among cards Send and Return on the back of the amp and the knob of the loop effect acts as Master Volume
If you play with a loop, system mm and suddenly you can either: to blow up the watts, or play without deafening the neighborhood x)
- The original lamp is perfect for the Rock 'n' Roll, Hard Rock, Metal and the first hour, everything is more aggressive, you will probably be disappointed
But! I changed the lamp for a 12AX7 Mesa and ... well truthfully, that old grandpa is much better than a Marshall JCM 2000, 900, or a Peavey, a Laney or Blackstar regarding the Metal sound. And setting it right, you can make out any sound
for proof http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxMmEgcLhHVcXMHBz3XbsCw/videos?view=0&flow=grid
ACDC to Slayer, Pantera Red Hot at all sounds can come out of this monster!
The clear, nothing to say, Fender typed, so perfect.
- Overall Opinion
- I use this amp for almost 3 years, and it is not about to change! By € 30 more to replace the original lamp with a Mesa, you get an ultra versatile amp exellent but no matter what you do!
I tested a lot of all-tube amplifiers and transistor, and I can assure you that this amp surpasses all! (Except Randall, but it is not at all the same price range)
So no matter what you want to do if you have the opportunity to have one, do not hesitate! the price / quality ratio is just exellent.
In addition, the amp has a line out and a speaker output, if you find that it does not face enough (unlikely but ...) or to make scenes, very practical too.
In conclusion, a comprehensive amp, with everything you need, ultra versatile, and cheap!
- it's a hybrid amp (1 amp lamp and transistor)
the connection is more than adequate for the use I made
can play in zapping the preamps, with a pedal or another is really nickel!
normally comes with a footswitch, above we have 3 switches, 2 for the distortion and crunch and 1 for reverb!
level setting is simple volume treble bass and middle for channel 1
Channel 2 volume, bass, middle, treble, gain 1, gain 2 and reverb
- yes, it is very easy!
was no manual but you can find on the net!
for sound, Fender has in general a great clean sound but provides less distortion, this one is no exception to the rule! as long as we know a set amps, we get it clear sound typical! for distortion c ' is more limited but still believable!
WARNING, this amp is going strong! Has from 2 to volume, is already a high volume! See the tips on the product page to resolve the problem, it works nikel! "
- So it suits my style of music, I play punk mostly but sometimes I surf different waves of music and I couple with a jcm 900 4501 so I will not complain! "I have the treble and bass FENDER MARSHALL hard to complain
I play it with a guitar equipped with microphones JACKSON DX10D DIMARZIO PAF PRO AND SUPER DISTORTION! level effect, I have a ZOOM pedal G92TT
I LOVE ALL SONORITEES LEAVING THIS AMPS
- Overall Opinion
- I use the beast for 11 years now, know 'em by heart, it's a great dude, a little heavy, even when did not drink, if somewhat loudmouthed unclear but use it so endearing; amps like this, it makes more!!
- See other view where everything is well detailed.
A large reserve of power, a complete connection (HP, Send return, Direct line).
Three-channel settings on the front like a Deluxe Reverb or a Twin.
Nice color version black face.
The knobs are a little cheap, as the handle.
Gray cloth, Fender logo Made in America.
Rather light (More!). Footswitch included.
Nothing bad at this level.
- Nothing complicated.
- The big plus is the sound clear, very simple adjustment, Volume, Treble, Mid and Bass.
This is undoubtedly the key Fender: The Bril, nervous, a classic ... The Performer worth a visit at this price it's impossible to beat!
The channels are saturated completely usable, the light plays its part.
Here are my settings:
- Clear: 5 at Treble, Mid and Low 5 to 7.
- Disto: Gain 2 / 3 channel rhythm, lead channel 5, Treble 5, Body for 3 / 4 and Lower 6. Simply adjust the power with the volume.
- 4 Reverb, I agree with the other view, it is beautiful.
So, I get a nice clear sound, not too aggressive because I moderate the Treble.
A crunch really apreciate.
[B] As I read some opinions, I note that some of the Performer happy owners are embarrassed by the power of the beast. No worries, every problem has a solution! Simply connect the rear Line Out to the AUX Send. And what a miracle, the Effects knob Mix front acts as a Master General! Also, at home, you can fully use the amp without risking trouble with the neighborhood. In addition, it increases the ability of the amp sound by mixing the Master creates volumes and earnings! It is not life grand?
Plus: I would glue a speaker extension cabinet that I tinkered with a 15 inch Eminence that boosts the bass! (Note 8 homs min)
Remember that we are on a transistor, ie the sound is almost the same regardless of the power used. On a tube amp, the sound changes, evolves, gets better when pushed. This performer is generous but not the compression and the purity of a good tube amp. One side a little clinical characteristics of transistor amplifiers.
- Overall Opinion
- So I solved the problem of HP, only weak point of the amp.
For 250 euros is a bargain.
Let us add about 100 euros for a good HP or baffle extension removed a 15 inch is my advice: 350 euros, if there is an amp capable of competing in terms of puisance, sound quality and connectivity, but also in terms of aesthetics.
- Transistor amp with pramp lamp and disto
-100Watts (a friend of mine who has a Marshall 150 APRS have told me that silent test more powerful than hers!)
- -Configuration is not complicated in its clear, with distortion of 2modes switchable and adjustable gain to spare
It is frankly very clear sound, there are fender sound with the reverb (really gniale on this amp!) Is a rgal ...
for the mode with the distortion we can say that has sent the proper way! the bluesy, crunchy, and limits mtal when pushed sounds superb!
Lower Submitted is as well when you shoot what is trs apprcier!
- It should be all who love are clear to the big crunch, combined with 100 watts was fun!
- Overall Opinion
- I would do without this choice hsiter!
- So, here's a nice big Fender performer 1000, a main amplifier transistor, but with a lamp intergrée in pre-amp distortion.
Fender Announces 120 watts of power, personally I would put 200. This amp is a real bomb. I never dared to push beyond 6.
Middle-Treble-Bass for his clean, treble-winning and two-body bass for distortion.Rien more simplistic. All controlled by a switch 3 button (clean / distortion, Gain1/Gain2 and Reverb on / off.
To which distortions / effects, there are 2 channels of distortion, with 2 gain knob independent of each other. Perfect for single player / rhythm. There is also a greened, asser powerful and very useful live.
Small flat, Absensi the master, and the lack of restraint at lower levels.
- Facille nothing more than using a performer in 1000. It does not break the head. Connect the guitar and go.
For sound, then I find the love of my life. The famous Fender clean, well-rounded and well callibré. For distortion, I do not push too hard earnings, just to have a nice round sound, perfect for scraping a bit of blues. Obviously, if you want something more powerful, in fact have to Apelles (Personally, the legendary Electro Harmonix Big Muff and a Boss DS-1)
I recommend this amp to blues guitarist, although I play myself in a rock / psycho / ska.
- The sound is magical, I use a Fender Cyclone dessu model humbucker and single coil of strata.
The sound is everything you expect from a fender. Perfect for blues, and may well do the job for rock, but metal, go your way.
A small amp, but a tremendous power. Used with good effect on the other hand. If you use a distortion pedal of metal type area, your ears n'enduront not that long. Directed towards a desired distortion over Blues
- Overall Opinion
- I use it for almost one and a half years, I never was dessu!
I paid 300 Canadian dollard used. Never find a better price / quality
I was chilled choice anytime I like and I would never part with it. on the other hand I begin to find the sound a little can live.
I love everything about this amp, but I note the Absensi flagrente Master, which is a problem often used when the channels of distortion.
Beautiful little jewels of advice to amateur blues
- See more advice.
- Configuration simple.Egalisation efficace.Facile get discouraged at what veut.Puissance to maison.Ca breath away!
- Made for the blues and rock.Fortement recommended for its beautiful clean metal.Trés "fendérien" chaud.Les and distorted sounds are successful, we feel the work of the lamp, there are dynamics, heat with a side blues-rock, Southern rock.
- Overall Opinion
- This amp is a successful family of hybrids, is made room for rehearsals and concerts.Même saturation is successful and yet it is not the strong point of Fender.
- As has been said, it's a hybrid amp, which means that the boosted channel (2 different drives) the preamp is equipped with a lamp. It is possible to change the texture of the saturation by changing the lamp.
The only regret is the lack of master volume, and difficult to have audio at low volume.
The exact power is 90 watts, they are there.
The connection is complete, can add a cabinet, effects loop, line out, the pedal control is complete with bright, saturated and 2 and a reverb foot.
The tone controls are excellent
The reverb is divine to 3.
I noted at 7 because of the lack of master.
- Setup is simple, a single entry, with a volume equalization for clear sound, an equalizer for the drive, each of the two drive to its volume and level of drive.
It is easy to find a good amount of sound a little volume.
The manual can be downloaded from the net.
- The clean sound is typical fender, that is to say delicious, with fishing and beautiful grain. From jazz to funk blues. He respects more original sound of the guitar connected.
The advantage of the drive is that there are two chancun with their volume, so it is possible to set the first for a slight crunch and send the second-saturated or not for solos for example.
With my tube screamer pedal and the amp so I have five opportunities distorted sounds.
I use the effects loop for modulation effects, the tube screamer is live.
This is certainly not an all-tube, but it is an excellent hybrid, powerful and musical.
- Overall Opinion
- I use it for a year, what I love about this amp is the sound of the Fender clean channel first.
For saturation, I play with a rather mild saturation, so it goes, but I think that it is suitable for metal, albeit with a specific pedal, we should try.
The value of this amp is to have a good amp, musical, versatile, reliable and strong for about 250/300 euros.
This choice I would do without hesitation.
- Amp hybrid tube preamp and power amp transistor.
2 channels, a clear and full. Two saturation levels for channel saturated, switchable with the footswitch provided. 3-band EQ per channel.
Effects loop, reverb ...
100w but if you push the volume, I rather feel like a 300w in my hands.
- Big big complaint: no master volume. It's very annoying because the selected volume on each channel directly affects the sound. And a master that would exceed the volume of the two channels. In general, playing in groups I put the volume on each channel at 1.5 .... of 10! difficult to resolve because 1mm to the right and it is too strong and 1 mm left and it seems to play in a 2 watt amp ...
Otherwise, the rest is fine. switchable channels and reverb on / off on pedals included.
- Just for the clean sound, this amp is worth its price. Of course it's a fender, very typical, but for those who love is happiness.
Boosted channel, it is less concaincant, but just a little heat lamp and well set the equalizer to have a very good sound.
Great for styles ranging from jazz to hard rock. Metal fans, go your way.
The EQ is very effective. you turn the knobs a bit and we get a sound radically different.
The reverb ... ah, the reverb! I love it! Play this amp without reverb for 10 minutes and then snap the ... you can not stop playing. Superb.
Only one regret: it is not possible to avaoir a crunch sound worthy of the name. Even with saturation set to the mini, it is still too present for my taste. Is a solution, increase the volume of the amp and the guitar down.
- Overall Opinion
- In the end, beautiful clear sound, a great reverb, great sound full, effective and EQ pedals complete.
We feel a difference with all-tube amp quality as a Fender Twin, but for a price difference ... Gargantuan!
However, in the same price range, I found no amp can compete. Perhaps only the Marshall VS100R, but it is more oriented rock / metal.
In short, the price is a gem.
- Page: 1