Fender Hot Rod Deluxe - Emerald Green & Eminence Patriot Cannabis Rex Limited Edition user reviews
If you are not satisfied by the reviews below, feel free to request a user review for this product
User reviews in other languages
- Fender combo amp.
Hot Rod Series, Deluxe model.
Power of 40 watts
3 lamps with 12 AX7 preamp
2 6L6 power
Correction transistor, a large part of the circuit uses printed circuits.
Input 1 (hi) and 2 (low)
A switch "channel select"
A switch "more drive"
A button "bright" on the clean channel
Footswitch Input: 2-button footswitch (channel clear / saturated / / Drive / More Drive)
hp output into 8 ohms.
Both channels share reverb, eq the three bands and the presence knob.
The limited edition emerald green has a Celestion Vintage 30 speaker, a Tolex beautiful dark green, cream of knobs and a black grid / gray also present on the Internet series.
- The general configuration is very simple, almost everyone now knows the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, mounted in the category of classic and compelling mid-range. Can be described as the basic configuration, but it works.
I have not read the manual, but a little plug this inside the amp can not crash when changing lamps and plugging or the speaker (s).
The knobs are quite reactive, so it is easy to sculpt the sound.
- The clear sound of the Fender Hot Rod is the first quality. Round, warm, full, sometimes crystalline, it is a basis for quality pedals, and a treat for reggae, jazz and funk, with both single and double pickups.
Strong point: the channel saturated with this limited edition is surprising: much more corpulent than the standard version or the bass seem to be conspicuously absent, he squints sometimes to the other side of the Atlantic (Marshall or Hiwatt). The color is a little fuzzy, it will do wonders in blues or classic rock or 70's Hard Rock. Beyond this aggressiveness precisely, go your way: the bass response and treble is too "muddy" to address and Heavy Trash / Death Metal.
The result is a more "blues / rock / hard" version of the series, the clean is to die, but the overdrive channel does not appear to satisfy many people.
- Overall Opinion
- I have used it three months before finally selling it. This hot rod, though excellent, did not suit my style of music.
I tried and owned many models in the past but wanted to settling on a standard recognized by both the musicians and the industry.
This limited edition filled a lot of flaws in the "classic" in addition to being beautiful.
Paid 450 euros used, sold 500, it's even shot up to 600 euros in my opinion. The value for money is very good and presented.
With experience, no, I would do no such choice, and go directly to an amp more suited to my needs. As for the future, when the time comes to buy a Fender, I think I would direct more toward a Princeton Reverb or Deluxe Reverb.
For those who appreciate the sound and style, go for it, it's a great amp!
- Amp 40Watts lamp while sending it enormously connection extremely simple, but you can plug in a guitar cabinet supplementaire.2entrées, 1normale and instruments for such electro-accoustique.et preamplified with the V30 is in very good tappe
- As everyone is saying it's true the config simple.seul ultra small problem, it would have been a little better to put the setting CLEAN separemment.mais distortion is easily obtained a good rock well (the micro acute Great) up bluesy sounds by touching a little bright in the channel distortion or clean with not too many drive (even when put at least 4). the right sound is found very quickly and after we change it or not must try everything.
- Right for your style of music?
Absolutely, I limit punk rock and it goes super bien.en activating the channel that sent more gain (and yes there is one) it was cool sounds for solos, chorus and tapping the muscular .
What kind of sound you get and with what settings ("crystalline", "bold ",....)?
as saying in the other comm, do not put a lot of bass, but not send mail to acute and mediums.pour presence, I put it near a bottom and if I do not like the gain channel that allows have big punchy distortion well as they like, and you can send a solo without a slash pale before marshall.la reverb combos for me is almost inaudible, we hear too much and is not it footswitchable.pour I drop my rating a little but the sounds are super.et what about the clear sound that is simply out of this terre.les crunch sounds are easily obtained and in my humble opinion, this amp has been done to it ça.mais can do something else and does it well
- Overall Opinion
- I use it for 8months and I hesitated with the peavey classic 30 but in the end it's a avion.il is versatile enough to change his style, but also precise enough for utilistation ciblée.je think the V30 is chose.si for any choice I had to do for 900euros it would not even think probleme.je has added a distortion pedal in front for such ts to see her, I try and really is the bomb . since it is a limited edition, if you get it, try the course, but it really worth it and I think not change before very long.
- Good wholesale:
. 40 Watts All Tube 8 ohms (3 X 12AX7, 2 X 6L6)
. 1 HP 12-inch Celestion Vintage 30
. Rectification transistors
. Input low / high gain
. Poweramp effects loop in / out Preamp
. 2 Button Footswitch / 3 functions included
. Emerald Finish
. Ivory finish buttons
. Protective case included
I insist on the finish with emerald ivory buttons, it's really beautiful.
Aesthetically, this amp is very charismatic, one notices!
- The configuration is very simple.
A switch ON / OFF switch and STANDBY. heat lamps very quickly. We light it sounds.
1 EQ BASS, MEDIUM, TREBLE, acting as the clean channel for the drive.
3 channels: one clean, one drive, a drive More (sort of vintage distortion).
1 knob Presence
1 knob Reverb
The use is not difficult, very few pots, and the feeling of not having to face a panel of Airbus A380 as on other amps.
It finds its ultra fast.
The manual is complete, the electronic circuit is provided, but personally I've never really needed to see ...
Only drawback, the abesence Control of reverb on the footswitch. The latter can be operated only by raising the knob of ampicillin.
- Waaoooo! I liked it right away.
Crisp, clean and powerful. It collects the effects pedals perfectly. I use a Jeckyll & Hyde 2, overdirve TS808 sounds like thunder!
CAUTION: The hot rod is an amp that sounds very serious! it really surprised me at first. I then realized that users of hot rod had all seen the same thing. To optimize the sound, adjusting the equalizer relieve much bass. Personal knob the bass between 2 or 3 as required. But it goes to 10! but after the 4, power bass you scotch, and it becomes difficult to play in clean neck pickup. You just have to know.
The clean is beautiful, the typical fender clean with a very hot vintage reverb.
The overdrive sounds at very blues has a fat enough grain, I like a lot, although I privilédie the overdrive of my Jekyll.
More Drive channel is often criticized. I m expecting a so infamous porridge. Not at all! Sure, it's a very vintage distortion (not made for metal) but when you push the drive is approached Marshall's, very ROCK!
- Overall Opinion
- Bon ben ... it's my amp, voila!
not worth Checher I also have n as benefits. The HP 30 Celestion makes a difference, it sounds, it's powerful, handsome, charismatic. This amp turns your guitar into a formidable weapon.
I use it for the past 5 months.
I like his simpmicité, and the class of sound, regardless of the channel settings.
I stress again that the hot rod series is saturated (deliberately?) Serious, we have to go with the molo knob low.
I played for a long time on a Laney chromo-zone, there is no comparison, especially in terms of ease of use.
The 40 W sound very much! in my old local repeats (about 25 m2) can not climb above 3 (out of 10).
The price is quite large, requiring limited series, but not excessive for a product in this category. I really regret not having chosen the version of "emerald".
This amp is a favorite, I'm crazy, I think I will keep forever.
- Amp lamp March 12 AX7 + 2 6L6 Apaire
HP Celestion Vintage 30, made a diffrence with the standard hot rod deluxe standard
- 3 channels clean drive and more drive
one branch, a ring right away
Schematic electrical provided in the instructions by fender
Fender clean, beautiful. Super rverb
Drive and more drive channels dlivrant an overdrive distortion see a drive for more blues type vintage.Trs good for little prs all styles except mtal;
Trs powerful amplifier, a volume loop pedals can grate s'avrer Necessary for better volume
I also use a delay in the loop pedals and my usual tube factor of H & K downstream of the amplifier.
- Overall Opinion
- There's no picture I will keep this amp trs trs lontemps. It suits me perfectly
100 euros more for the HP V30 all make diffrence from the classic version of Hot Rod and allows it to be much more Polivalente.