Fender Super-Sonic 22 Combo - Blonde user reviews
If you are not satisfied by the reviews below, feel free to request a user review for this product
- This is one of the very best modern amplifiers that Fender has put out. This is more of a high gain amp for Fender but still keeping the vintage clean tones they are so famous for having. The amp have quite a bit of features compared to some of their more vintage styled amps. This one has a fat boost switch and also a reverb to add a bit of depth to the tone. I would call this a vintage modern amp for Fender.
Fender Super-Sonic 22 1 x 12" Combo Amp Features at a Glance:
* Amp Type: Tube
* Output: 22 Watts
* Ohms: 8 ohms
* Speaker: 12", 50 Watt Fender "Lightning Bolt" Speaker by Eminence
* Channels: 2 (Vintage and Burn)
* Effects: Spring Reverb
* Covering: Blonde Textured Vinyl
* Tubes: 2 X 6V6, 3 x 12AX7, 2 x 12AT7
* Shipping Weight: 50 lbs.
* Cover: Amplifier Cover Included
* Accessories: 4-button footswitch and amplifier cover
Number of Channels 2
Speakers 1x 12" Fender "Lightning Bolt" Speaker by Eminence
EQ Ch 1: Treble, Bass; Ch 2: Treble, Bass, Middle
No Amp Modeling
Number of Models 0
Number of Tubes 7
Preamp Tubes 3 x 12AX7, 2 x 12AT7
Power Tubes 2 x 6V6
Inputs 1 x Instrument
Outputs 1 x Speaker
Footswitch I/O Yes
Effects Loop Yes
Weight 40 lbs.
- I like this amp with all kinds of guitars, but mostly I like it with a Fender Stratocaster or a Charvel San Dimas or Socal. I like the light to medium tone of the ash and alder body woods. This compliments the nature of the amp quite well. The clean is very Fender sparkly and jangly. Then you go to channel two and having two gains is almost heaven. This is something you see on several boutique amplifiers. Suhr amps like the PT100 has a similar thing but theirs acts like another channel. This one just gives you deeper and juicy gain distortion.
- Overall Opinion
- If you need a god clean tone and a hot rod gainy distortion channel then this is your amp. The clean is remarkable and the gain has so much variation with the dual gains that is makes this amp a lot of fun to play.
At new these amps come in at around $1000. Not a bad price for the quality and usability of this amp. Having two channels and both are exceptional is a big bonus. I would recommend anyone to go and try this amp if you get the chance. You may or may not like the voicing but it is a solid amplifier.
- Overall Opinion
- This is the Super Sonic 22 blonde combo amp by Fender. The amp puts out 22 watts of tube power into 1 Fender Lightning Bolt 12' speaker made by Eminence.
The amp has 2 channels: vintage and burn. Across the face of the amp from left to right we have: Volume, Normal, Treble, Bass, Channel switch Vintage/Burn, Gain 1, Gain 2, Treble, Bass, Mid, Volume and Reverb.
The tubes in it are 2 6V6 (power) and 3x 12AX7 and 2x 12AT7 for your preamp.
Basically Fender wanted to build and amp that could give your a great fat vintage tone as well as a high gain modern crunch.
I bought this amp locally used for $650, brand new they are $1000. I picked it up because I was looking for a small combo to gig with. This has plenty of power and tone I can live with.
I love the vintage blonde look and the cool knobs. Looks like I\'m playing through a vintage amp, but in fact it came off the factory line probably less than 2 years ago.
The tone is great. It is like having a clean amp and 2 dirty amps in one. Classic sounding Fender reverb, not that new digital crap.
Really no way to improve. Maybe a little more power so I can get some more headroom on the clean channel, but that is just me being picky.
I\'m always impressed with Fender\'s build. I believe this is a USA built amp. The blonde finish was applied well and the knobs are easy to move and read.
It\'s like having a clean amp, a dirty amp, a vintage amp and a modern amp all in one without any kind of fake digital modeling. I love this amp!
This review was originally published on http://www.musicgearreview.com
User reviews in other languages
- fender tube amp, 22w.
2 channels: one with a clear midrange boost
a saturated, with gain and the amount of overdrive.
HP 12-inch, effects loop, reverb fender, pedals provided (channel, medium boost, reverb, effects loop)
- very simple configuration.
the manual is not used much, that said a box on top of the amp provides typical settings depending on the desired sound (texas blues ,...)
- this amp suits all styles of music.
Indeed, the clean channel is sublime fender forces, highly crystalline at first.
When you engage the boost medium, everything takes the roundness is beautiful!
Then, the main strength is boosted channel.
Let me explain: you can get everything from slight crunch to the creamy overdrive.
I have an American Start and a Les Paul Standard, and it works great.
I read that some complain of a breath souffle.effectivement ago, having said that it is very light and it does not interfere at all when playing.
I've been trying other amps, and there is always a little something, if not be taken with a digital amp sound rotten and no breath!
- Overall Opinion
- I use it for 6 months, and I am very happy.
I tried the vox, laney, orange, ... and that was the most versatile, and above all better equipped.
The big advantage is boosted channel, for a fender known for its clean sounds it's nice!
value for the price is right.
with experience, I would do this choice because to play blues and rock, I have not found better!
- Amp any lamp Fender, 3 channel with reverb spring.
The clean channel is based on the normal circuit Deluxe Reverb, the clean channel adds body fat and low, and finally the channel distortion can shape the sound very gradually through the two gains.
The clean channel has a volume equalization treeble / bass and a switch normal / fat.
The distortion channel has 2 gain, treeble, middle and bass and volume.
The reverb is common to the two channels.
The switch on / off and stanby are positioned at the rear of the amp, not practical at first but it holds fast which does what.
The back of the amp provides the connections for an external loop (without adjustment, it's all or nothing) for external speaker and the loudspeaker.
The power delivered is sufficient for the average person unless you play in a stadium. I never went beyond 3 / 10 on the clean channel and beyond 4 / 10 on the channel distortion, even in outdoor concert.
The footswitch that came with the amp is very comprehensive as it controls the switch normal / fat, changing the channel, effects loop and reverb.
- Super simple setup, and all settings sound good.
The manual is zero but the bed? For there are plans against the power amp.
- To be honest I changed the HP for a Celestion V30 in the first hours of use, the original HP is very (too) medium and it comes out that vintage sound of the amp. With the change of HP you can play with the EQ to give a vintage or modern coloration to the sound and the clean sounds are still growing.
For the clean channel is Fender's, hyper dynamic even at low volume, beautiful, very far ahead of what I heard. Lens of the normal and fat on fat mode. Do not compare this amp with the little 5 watt amp that is beginning to find anywhere, this is not the same range, it is well above the SuperSonic.
The presence of two gains of the channel distortion makes all the difference. The first for the determination of gain level, the second adjusts the compression level and combinations are almost endless. It comes out of the light crunch (http://www.youtube.com/user/MrFixcool?feature=mhee p/a/u/0/F_5uz1cZl5Y #) to the SRV to a very heavy distortion typical rock / hard rock without giving into the metal.
The spring reverb is beautiful even if it is drowning in excess of 4 / 10.
- Overall Opinion
- I use this amp for 6 months and tried many amps before making my choice (booogie mesa, marshall, orange, blackstar, peavey, etc.).. I was looking for a Fender clean sound and a typed channel distortion with a very wide range, all with the opportunity to spend the next vintage of force.
What I like most about this amp is the dynamic clear sound and the combination of two gains of the channel distortion that allows me to cover all styles of music I play.
THEN WHY ONLY 5 / 10?
The less and less what .... it is the breath of the amp without any instrument plugged in and with all the knobs to 0. A real shame for an amp of this price, which tarnishes a balance that would have been perfect. I changed all the lights for WA but without success, the breath is always present.
It seems that some models are quiet, buy the store in order to try it before!
In any case, the amp for me a life (when I have found a quiet)!
- N'achetz not this amp ... it has a manufacturing defect unexplained at the reverb: microphonics impossible to control.
I see some smart kids who are already responding: did you just change the lights of the reverb. OK
The microphone can be caused by factors plusieus: lamps, lamp holders, electronics failing, ... . So not that easy to determine the cause.
Personally, I bought mine nine which went for repair the day after purchase. Four months later, still not returned from Fender, I received a second that the store had ordered and ... same problem.
Read the forums, I'm not alone.
Annoyed, I bought a Hot Rod Deluxe III: PHENOMENAL, with much more character.
- yes but failed!
- but yes down
- Overall Opinion
- ever! Expect a new version.
- this is an amp any brand lamps fender.il owns 2x 12AT7, 3x 12AX7 and 2x 6v6.il possesses a single instrument input, but also an effects loop and an output hp (8 ohms) and a taken for footswitch.sa power is 22 watts after a power section based on the legendary deluxe reverb.il owns two channels:
-Channel "vintage" sound with volume control, treble, bass and the "fat".
-Channel "burn" with a gain setting 1, gain 2, bass, treble, mid and gain master.les 1 and 2 add up.
pity it lacks a master and a medium to channel vintage.dommage also that the loop is not adjustable.
and to finish off a pretty cover and a very complete footswifch come with the amp.
- not need the manual is simple, it's plug and play!
- broad topic, the sounds! channel goes from clean vintage style deluxe reverb to crunch.le good "fat" adds a little gain and medium.c is beautiful, precise but lacks a bit of heat to go tease tenors of genre.le crunch is really superb, with a genial good lp or it will burn sg.le channel of the overdrive light (kind TubeScreamer) has the kind disto mesa boogie.avec controls both gain and equalizer truly effective, we get a lot of reverb sons.la just embellish it all but it is a bit too long for my taste.
- Overall Opinion
- this amp is really amazing, far from conventional fender.il accepts pedals very well be it front or in the boucle.de more, I just go in our lamps and the result is beyond my hopes! ! the extra bit of fever has disappeared and the slight lack of heat also!
remains to know what is the speaker but I think a greenback or vintage 30 would make the distortion even more beautiful ....
when a speaker has in celestion super sonic ?????