Fender Super Champ X2 user reviews
If you are not satisfied by the reviews below, feel free to request a user review for this product
User reviews in other languages
- What kind of amplification (lamp, transistor, ...)? What is the power delivered? What are the settings, effects? ...
15w All Tube Amp for Clean part (channel 1)
Modeling preamp, power amp lamp for channel 2
Different settings (Delay, Reverb ...) are very good and easily customizable.
A USB port is present on the back of the amp to use with the amp FENDER Fuse software (download) funny 5 minutes permières but not very useful
- The configuration is it simple? Gets it easy to sound good?
The configuration is simple, the clean channel is gorgeous (Fenderien told!), Some modeling of channel 2 offer made really interesting.
The biggest concern, the one who fucked notament greatly note, is the unfortunate tendency of this amp to "vibrate" from all sides since we use notes too serious on the clean channel (I play a Stratocaster 62 reissue kit with EMG David Gilmour) Even the volume adjusted to 2 songs are a lot of strikes. This is not an isolated defect because I have seen on other identical amp.
- Is it your style of music?
I play a bit of everything, from blues to hard rock. This amp is quite versatile.
The clean channel is perfect without all the noise of the amplifier box.
Channel modeling provides totes pallets made necessary we can desire, with more or less fidelity.
- Overall Opinion
- How long have you been using?
I have this amp for 6 months, it must be my 4th amp.
the price / quality ratio is excellent, if not the quality of the assembly, which in my opinion is flawed.
- Good points for the colors amp.'s Legendary amp simulations are realistic .. the effects are not too bad and the digital side does not impinge on a very nice sound typical fender U.S. ..
Also good idea to download the simulation models to put them on this amp .. this is very innovative.
Its format is very convenient: it is assembled in Mexico look very cute .....
Bad point ... you shoed buy Fender pedal super field more ..
- use is very simple ... you plug it plays ... distos the high gain very well, straight and quite successful dynamic short ... I agree ..
SUPER X2 field on the tap tempo button that you misunderstood him rhythmically driven. The Out is really not well emulated distos become some drafts (tested on entry to the PA), the true emulation Hp output is done by USB ... that is to connect to the PC but it pressed the repet not evident for all groups! ...
I would advise a subculture with a good unidirectional microphone.
For the effects loop (for lovers of pedals that you do not branch in front) do not talk there is not even.
- This combo 15 w in repet will not remember that this is not a thoroughbred pony .... but if you take the head version coupled with a powerful speaker sound is great .. Here in combo version with HP 10-inch one is calamitous, some of your guitar chords will vibrate pitifully the resonance of the amp as if it was crepe paper .. There is no middle button is still a shame, especially at high volume it pierces the ears a little ...
As I wrote the highest effects are convincing except the reverb is unrealistic.
- Overall Opinion
- For the price there are better, like a fender hot rod 40w Used for example .. It at least it holds the road ..
In fact do not forget that this amp is large and the size of the resonator plays a major role in restituions good sound. And even if you play at a low volume. I think this combo version is not recommended prefer him head version.
- Small, light and a hand full lack of midrange control on the front.
15w power at the top!
- Easy to use
- Will it fit your style of music?
It is quite versatile but be careful with how you play guitar! I play on a hot road deluxe strat and nikel in distortion and clean as though everyone told me that Fender was not good for the top distortion. on the other hand I tried it with an SG and it's not in his top clean.
- Overall Opinion
- How long you use it?
For two weeks and I use it as repeated concert (I play with two other guitarists and I just tell you that enough items)
What is so special that you love the most, least?
The most: its versatility, size and sound of a whole lamp.
Cons: Since it is small it must be re-raise in order to have easier access to the modeling of channel 2.
Since there are 16 models would have been nice to change them with a footswich.
Did you tried many other models before buying it?
I had a vox AD120VT (also I will miss because of the banks has memorized)
How would you rate the quality / price?
This is what I was looking for!
With experience, you do again this choice?
A big YES.
For those who say that do not have to do with, do not listen or they are deaf!
Try it with the guitar properly and be surprised!
- The previous notice includes the details, I just add that mine is not stamped "Made in China" but "Made in Mexico" ... the rest all is said before.
- Vintage design is nice, it makes an amp in line with the Twin, Blackface and others, the Fender look. It will be the small stage, or with big HP recovery. The settings are accessible without the fuss. Only thing to complain, no knob for Mid ... damage. This adjustment can be performed via the interface software FenderFuse. The latter is very ergonomic and allows you to set the amp on two channels. Channel 1 remaining in smaller type setting because it is less digital (pre-amplification and amplififcation tube) that channel 2.
This second channel is actually a Fender Mustang. Modeling, effects etc.. Everything is possible. The big advantage is that the sound passes through the tube amplifier stage. Otherwise it's the Mustang, so instead of well-priced for the digital.
It is rather light, compact and practical.
- CHANNEL 1: typical Fender clean sound. The pre-amp and tube amplification bring what to attack, compression and velvety. You can adjust the bass, treble (mediums via software) to add effects. Excellent.
CHANNEL 2: Go read the notice of the Mustang range, add compression and warmth of the tube stage and you get an idea of the thing. Very good also.
The line out is a plus to connect Console online.
The USB audio interface is working okay, it can help. The advantage of being essentially the USB connection to the software FenderFuse. This is intuitive, ergonomic, very comfortable to use.
- Overall Opinion
- I owned a time its predecessor, the Super Champ, he was already very well but I was disappointed on two points:
- It vibrated (presumably against the power amp) more than uncomfortable
- The original HP was to stop attacking hard on humbuckers right from 3/4 volume ... not good!
I did not keep. A great regret because I liked many things in this little combo.
Since the Super Champ X2 came out ... corrects these defects! No unwanted vibrations, the original HP cash much better than the last.
Playing in a register rather Jazz, Fusion or I modified this amp simply by changing the HP. For despite the progress signified above can be obtained from the best Super Champ. My choice fell on an HP Lil'Buddy Eminence. This cash without flinching the full power of the lamps and a guitar with high output level. It is more "round" and strengthens the heat lamps. The sound is clear "fenderien", slightly less than the original HP. It excels in HP Eminence tessituras blues / jazz. The sound is clear even at very high volume. No sound even when boiled "crunch".
To conclude: Originally this combo is simply very good, it deserves a 8/10, with a midrange control on the front it was a 9/10. Changing the HP is a personal adjustment to my style and my sound affinities, I do not grade according to the change.
- Preamp lamp
Deorti amp lamp
A middle tier state modeling amp fender
Effects which Varitone
The beast weighs 8 KG
15 watts too déglingueur ear. This is not the 5 watt Marshall Class5
- Easy adjustments on the front. Manual succinct, but when the habit of digging, it is sufficient
The sound is pure juice with the Fender can be a little less than a dynamic model of pure light, but it's not his vocation. Here we offer 16 amp crunch and saturated, and a plain
- It's twang with the telecaster, and pest saturated. On the hollowbody is frankly pretty hot. On the double, that's fine, but it's not worth a marshall. It's really tailored to the Telecaster. There is nothing I hate about this amp, a cool sound is easy.
- Overall Opinion
- I have since yesterday. It is a good value This is a great amp to complete a wall of amps. It is really typed fender. I do not think we can do everything with. However, in the blues rock with the typical American Boss, it's not bad at all. If it were to do again, I repeat one.