Fryette Amplification PittBull Fifty/Twelve Combo user reviews
If you are not satisfied by the reviews below, feel free to request a user review for this product
- VHT amplification has switched to what's called Fryette amplification. So this amplifier was built when it was still called VHT. I think it's a company now has taken over the name and property rights of the logo VHT so this amp is no longer available under this name. So if you need to find one you're going to have to find used or go with the new Fryette amplifiers which are basically the exact same thing.
- This amplifier features two channels a clean and a distortion channel. You get EL34 tubes and three 12aX7 preamp tubes. There's also boost, edge, and bright switches for both channels. This amplifier has a ton of high gain on tap as you would've expected from this company. VHT is known for their ultra mega heavy loaded distortion and saturated tones. So this amp can get you a very thick chugging tone. The clean is nice as well but this amp lives in the gain zone.
- The clean on this amplifiers pretty good and which is surprising because most amplifiers I have multiple channels usually do one good thing right and suffer in other departments. Since the VHT is known for there distortion and high gain amplifiers you would expect maybe that the clean channels would lack a little bit. However this clean channel sounds very good and articulate. Almost like a nice standard clean amplifier. Of course the distortion is great classic on its own.
- Overall Opinion
- This is a great little amplifier if you can find when used its 50 W of power and you get to solid sounding PE 50 eminence speakers. This gives a great punchy tone and couple that with a nice tube reverb and you got a great combo amp for gigging or recording. If you can find one of these amplifiers and use market for decent price and I suggest picking it up because it's a great versatile amp for any type of musician.
- VHT 50/12.. 50 Class A/AB watt tube combo, Graphic e.q. (bypassable),3 band e.q., Series/parallel effects loop,4 button footswitch.. ready for the stage. 2 channels.. clean and lead. Lots of gain available here. EL34 tubes, 3 12ax7's.. Boost,Edge and Bright switches (for BOTH channels)... literally a TON of tone shaping options and interface. This is a very professional,versatile piece of gear. 2 Eminence P-50 speakers. Tube reverb.
As far as bells and whistles go... I really do not know of anything more someone could ask of an analog tube combo... There are all these modeling combos that do loads of things... but this is the real deal. These are the tones they try to emulate.
- Simple. Hmmm.. yes, and no. This is a combo amp... but you really do have a lot of different knobs you will need to turn to get where you want. The controls are extremely interactive.. to the point where you need to be careful in your adjustments, as you might be closer than you think, and over-adjust.. so...be careful!
Manual. Huh. I think it was a sheet of paper. It mentioned a presence control.. which this amp actually does NOT have. Yeah, the manual does not really help.
I give this a "7".. It is pretty complicated for a tube amp. Like I said.. lots of bells and whistles.
- Sadly, I don't own this amp anymore.. But it DID suit my style... thinking about getting another one. Yes, I am a doofus regarding equipment. Should have kept it, but got rid of it on a whim. Lots of gain. Nice, barking modded Hiwatt tone.. somewhere between that and a Marshall. Used to run my Keeley TS9 in front of it. Nice searing harmonic ripping, screaming gain. Wow.It does have a real flamethrowing type characteristic when you run a Tubescreamer in front of it. And scoop out the mids on the graphic e.q. NOT a mesa tone.. or what you hear from every band out there on Clear channel radio stations. It is definitely it's own animal. Telling this story is starting to hurt.
The clean tone reminds me of Vox AC30 clean fatness.. not really a "Twin" type tone.. but it may have been the speakers as well... The P50's seemed to really have a mid heavy character to them. Still a very good tone.. very alive and breathy. Class A mode.. does not get squishy. It just seemed to get grainy.. Maybe I should have cranked it louder..
Used this with Les Pauls, Strats.. different guitars. It definitely notes the differences between every guitar.
- Overall Opinion
- Had it a bit over a year.. struggled with the mids with this amp.. I loved the aliveness.. The searing, scalpel-precision quality for leadwork.. without brittle harshness.. a very cool amp. I regret getting rid of it, and one day may go ahead and scoop another one up. I think perhaps that the biggest problem I had with this amp was that it was great for lead.. but not so tight for rhythm.. Maybe it was the EL34 "chugga-chugga".. but I was used to 6L6/5881 tightness. This amp was very dark and a bit loose compared to my other rigs.. so, sadly I made the mistake of getting rid of it.. Instead of keeping it in my arsenal. Have tried many amps. You would think by now I would just keep them without selling them unless I truly don't like them. Sigh. Someday I'll learn.
I got this amp for 1550.00.. with the graphic e.q. option. It was a tremendous value. For that price and the features, I would absolutely buy it again... and pair it with a Single or Dual rec for rhythm... and maybe a Twin for the cleans.. and a Soldano for sick lead.. yeah...!!
User reviews in other languages
- Amp lamp
for the rest or the other view
trs complete all rglages are possible!
- TRS is simple, as any lamp is expected that a heating & APRS is sending the pure
even if a bit heavy ...
- Originally mtal I play in groups, and it is for a, but not top, the gain is a little "limitquot;.
As against the rock gnrale is a killing, the grain is second to none, nothing to do with the mesa or a true marchmal.il personalis what is its advantage. anything goes in this register regardless of the guitar and it is magnified by the grain (so that grain j'arrte not to talk), a gibson or prs APOG their will, the fender also but a little less, against Jackson with the I (swee-archtop tone) is the pure state of happiness.
In light one little kick of his beautiful little we have one of delay pedals and rverbe (I do not like personal rverbe spring) honntement I have not found a better amp up l.
- Overall Opinion
- I use to plug my rgulirement scratches and each time the pleasure of being bitten by the pitbull.
He has a nasty head but it has a sound that you let go and APRS other amp you seem bland.
quality price ratio is not better you just have to find opportunities dmerder too Chres, but there is trs rare.
I achter one for each location where I am if I had the best tune and I would take the double body that has more grain but is worth three times as much.
is a top quality amp and if you see one: you take over
- Mine is smaller than that of the photo, but CHARACTERISTICS appear identical, ie, 50-watt lamps pramp 4 x 12AX7 and 4 EL84 X.
clear volume, treeble, middle, bass, 3 switch boost, bright, shift
drive, gain, volume, treeble, middle, bass, 3 switch, drive, boost, edge, shift
1 HP 12 '100 watt VHT
1 SETTING THE prsence the rear
1 SETTING THE rverb the rear
effects loop with hi-low push
out of HP with slecteur impdance
between LO and HI guitar
briefly for completeness
lack may be a master volume, although the dynamics of the amp low volume.
- 2 channels = 4 sounds
1 + 1 clear clear boost (slightly crunchy)
1 drive + boost a drive (ie rhythm and lead)
dclenchable with pdalier,
rglages the trs are effective.
- I jou before on Fender Performer 1000, transistor, Peavey Classic 30, ENGL screamer 50, then the another world, wish to clean lens, with superb playing dynamics, trs friendly, drive, the grain VHT super compression of the dynamic characters, we move from the old blues Placebo, Queens of the Stone .., this amp many safe and sound all its own, the heat, an identity trs versatile, limited right to the same n mtal, but with a boost pedals ...... why not I play with an ESP tlecaster 2 humbucker, nickel pchu good rock on the Godin LG P90 perf dowry, the sound is authentic trs direct, less grain, but more shades ........
- Overall Opinion
- I use it for one month, I love I finally found my sound, I miss a lead may be more, I plan to buy a boost to home Seymour Duncan, I am sit with a Mesa Boogie DC3 + qualizer, but the grain VHT, the characters and orient toward the prsence my Pittbull. In short it is a favorite choice, may one day be a head VHT CL or ultra lead ...........