Retro King 18 Watt Combo user reviews
If you are not satisfied by the reviews below, feel free to request a user review for this product
- This is one of the ugliest amps I have ever seen. However, it is one of the most purist tube amps that I have ever heard. This amp while stupid in color and control knobs has a tone that is simply sweet and hearty.
You get a great feel with this amp and the thick juicy distortion tone is remarkable. never again do you have to have an amp modified to get the gain you lie. This amp has all the gain you will need to get a good tone for rock, pop, country, and jazz. The metal players..well there isn't enough gain.
Number of Channels 2
Speakers 1 x 12" Custom-designed Budda Phat
EQ Bass, Mid, Treble
No Amp Modeling
Preamp Tubes 3 x 12AX7
Power Tubes 2 x EL84, 1 x 5u4
Inputs 1 x Instrument
Outputs 2 x Speaker, 1x Slave
Weight 39.99 lbs.
- Budda Superdrive 18 1 x 12", 18-watt Combo Guitar Amplifier Features:
18-watt Class AB amp
2 EL84 tubes and a 5u4 rectifier tube
Treble, Mid, and Bass controls
Rhythm volume, Master Volume
2 Channels — Rhythm and Hi Gain
Pull/Modern Mid function
12AX7 High Grade Preamp Tubes
Custom-wound Transformer With 4-8 OHM Switch
Push/Pull "modern" mid pot voicing
2 channels with footswitch
Custom-designed Budda Phat 12 speaker
Pull bright on rhythm volume
- I Ma simply amazing at how good this amp sounds right out of the box. You can;t dial in a poor tone with this thing.The tones on this amp are extremely fat sounding. They resonate very well with a humbucker style pickup guitar. Especially if you use a superstrat like Charvel or a Suhr guitar.
I like a nice maple neck on top of alder body will get that fat tone to open up a lot more to get clean distorted note and string separation. Very great tone for rock and pop music.
- Overall Opinion
- I would recommend this amp to anyone needing a fat sounding distortion tone very similar to a Soldano SLO or a Marshall JCM 800 that has been modified. and don't want to fork out the money to buy one of those. At new these amps come in at around $1399 which may be a bit high for a lot of people, but the tone is extremely good. This is one great amplifier that will serve you well night after night of gigging or jamming.
- This is a all tube 18 watt amplifier.Much louder than most people would think of.It has 2 EL84 power tubes,3 12AX7 preamp tubes,1-NOS EZ81 rectifier tube,4, 8 or 16 ohm selector,
two speaker outputs,2 channels 4 inputs (high & low),normal channel volume & tone,
trem channel volume, tone, speed & intensity.
I 've got the option of a tube-diode rectifier switch.You can switch from rectifier to tube whithout turning the power off.There are also two speaker outputs,plexi panels and
two speed trem pedal.
It's a simple amp to use with two inputs per channel.Channel one has controls for volume and tone and channel two has intensity and speed controls for the tremolo and volume and tone.
- It's a simple amp, very easy to use.I don't miss the bass/middle/trebble controls because the sound is very rich and perfectly well balanced.The tone controls are very efficient and the tremolo was quite a surprise.Frankly, it's by far, the best I've heard.It's so good that I use it,because I usually don't use any effect !The others amps I heard before were not as musical as this one.
You get a great sound whatever the setting up.
- It suits jazz to hard rock styles whithout any problem.I use Epiphone Elitists Casino(P90) and Sheraton(mini humbuckers), US made Stat and Tele, and also a Gibson Les Paul standard fadded 50 neck(Burstbuckerspro pickups)and a White Falcon.
It's a true Marshall tone with lots of harmonics.To sum up the all thing, It produces pure beautiful cleans and that great Marshall crunch.It's alo a very musical and responsive amp, without hum.What a change !
Concerning distorsion you 'll have to play loud or get a pedal.It' s excellent with a maxon OD808 overdrive or a blackstar.
The amp is responsive to tubes changes and sounds great with anything.It's just a matter of taste.
- Overall Opinion
- I've been using it for two years.I tried Mesa lone star, Peavy classic 50,Fender hotrods and others,and a few Marshalls.None of those can compete with the Retroking 18 watt combo.Can't really find something wrong with it.It's great value for the price.Pro studio musician friend of mine thinks it's an awsome amp,with cleans surprisingly good for a marshall sound amp.
I really confirm my choice !
User reviews in other languages
- All Tube Amp, handmade with high quality components quip of an option by Solid State Rectifier switch.On can switch the power without the dye amplifier. There is an EZ81, and three 12AX7 two EL84.L amp dlivre 18 watts, do not be fooled trs is powerful!
There are 4 inputs, 2 channel by canal.Le deuxime is the tremolo, the footswtich to activate it, otherwise no tremolo sound is clearer than the first channel.
Add this one between effect loops and a second output HP.
The HP is your choice, mine is a mojotone BV 30H.
Channel 1 is simply RULES with volume and tonality. The two possde the same SETTING THE rglages and a speed and intensity for the tremolo.
If you change the power tubes rglage of the bias is automatic.
- The amp is super simple matter utiliser.Quelque rglage was a super son.Manuel totally useless.
- The first channel is more "dark", the second (that of the tremolo) is clair.On trs is in the high-end sounds a wonderful no matter rglage canal.Le or grain is typ Marshall, but with a true and beautiful sound clair.Les rglages are simple but trs efficaces.Les bass / middle / trebble do not default.
I gots go from jazz to hard, and he excels in all genres.
All types of guitars tl the white falcon through the Les Paul sound vraiment.Le sound is rich harmonic nuance and balance.
When the tremolo is the most beautiful I've heard.
The amp is sensitive to changes in grain lampes.Le is always the same, but the color of the lamps is frankly feel, which is trs INTERESTED.
Ct saturation crunch and you have to play hard, or use a pdale.C is excellent with a maxon OD808 or Blackstar.
- Overall Opinion
- There is no default this amp when looking at the simplicity and top quality price ratio niveau.Le fabuleux.J 'I tried the Mesa, the Koch, Peavy, Fender and others which Marshall.Il outclasses all of the single point without difficults.Le dlicat is a need for distortion pedals, otherwise the neighbor's mouth are ...
If c'tait again? Yes no hsitations.