Yamaha PSR-2100 user reviews
If you are not satisfied by the reviews below, feel free to request a user review for this product
User reviews in other languages
- IDEM ...... the PSR 2000 ..... terrible beast!! Everything is great!! Know if the series of isp, it is only after the psr 2000, from L USB added, there is absolutely no one diff.avec PSR2000, it is the approach psr 3000, without benefits, but it is not a negative review, he just still drive disckettes 3.5, c ' is the last of the series has to have the 3000 USB + SD card, so any more memory simplement.mais quality remains the same, the configuration and styles too, just a little investment diff.dans sounds, The USB 2100 is a bit complex, SERTE can connect to a PC, but on a USB memory ...? it is not too serious because the reader has disckette as PSR 2000. in short, everything is taken from tyros 1.
of occas, there is a very good buy for a little more than psr 2000, as a year younger and a little less than 3000 psr since a year older, but it is exactly the same boxes of fun. good to you. jicébé
- Overall Opinion
- See the Yamaha website for more details.
(Eg http://www.yamahapkclub.com/english/n_psr/index.htm )
This is an arranger with a wide range of sounds.
The USB port has never worked well with mine (bad point).
The floppy drive should be replaced by a card reader.
Polyphony (64) is sufficient, I have never at fault.
The number and variety of sound is adequate and covers a wide spectrum.
The synth sounds lack of depth, especially in the bass. Many of the synth sounds are accessible from the XG (480 votes). They are fairly standard but are struggling to compete with a "real" synth emulation even as JP800 or older as the D50. Nevertheless one can make illusion with some slicks.
It is very lightweight (compared to a Roland Super JX, an ASR 10, SY77 ... a) is a can "low end", but ultimately it is strong enough (I have my cats who jump on every day pout reach the top of my wardrobe ..)
- The manual, as so often with the yamaha product, is not very clear on advanced features.
It's not too annoying to the extent that most users will not seek to go beyond the use of basic sounds and accompaniments.
Overall, this machine is more powerful than shown in the manual.
In particular, the DSP can radically change the sound.
Apart from this, the use is "fun" is really a simple machine, which starts from the hip.
Most of its styles very well planned and varied, although a few shots.
Editing sounds is simple, but quite limited compared to a real synthesizer: you just make little changes in some parameters, it is not really the creation of sounds.
Overall it is a machine really thought of music and very musical too.
What I liked is the "MultiPad": in fact four programmable real little séqunceurs always available.
I have no synth that does this (NB: I have nothing but "old synths," JP 8000, MicroWave, CZ, EPS, D550, DX7, SY77, FS1R, etc.)
We can juggle with the styles, all in sync: impressive.
Examples of rift guitar are particularly successful and varied.
The "vocoder" is not actually what we used to hear on a synth that is very "robot" on the contrary, it is very effective and creates very natural voice in against the field, quite impressive. As against this, can not do these voices "robots" of analog vocoders.
We also use this little microphone to convert any signal into MIDI notes: it's fun, but honestly I do not use.
Next record: we just recorded multi-track but must juggle a little, the doc is not clear and only three tracks have a direct button aces.
O little program the DSP, but also must juggle a little bit in the menus.
Apart from the advanced use in difficulites I really like the concept a = 1 function button to get to the point.
In terms of criticisms one can note the claivier too soft and "plasticky", but unfortunately very common now.
- Overall Opinion
- I was initially very negative about this kind of machine: photographs sound, styles' daddy music "instrument toys can not be serious.
I must say that I'm actually quite impressed with this machine: I finally used more than others!
I highly recommend, I served for 5 years. I bought it new, it was an incredible price performance ratio.
It is true that the synth type sounds are pretty average compared to a "real" synth, but caught in the rhythm, they are illusion.
I have a large collection of synths, but I confess I'm usually on the SRP because it is very fun: after 5 years, I'm still playing with the pre-programmed rhythms.
Overall it is a machine designed by and for musicians, not by engineers or computer scientists delirious (as many synth alas).
I definitely recommend to any amateur, even as the main engine.
If it falls in the bay, I bought illico the following model: PSR 3000 or any other similar models, because all the top range Yamaha arranger are based on the same logic.
NB: I prefer the rounded look of the new PSR Tyros angular look, or PSR 3000N / A
- For CHARACTERISTICS is best to consult the official website of Yamaha France. The address is:
- The use of the PSR 2100 requires a lot of time to adapt. Must say you can do normment things with this machine. I n'arrte not discovering every day (almost) new things. As against the manual is not clear trs, it is better to make your own expriences lcette machine. The sound quality is, for her, great ... Except when it comes to the church organ ... but must say it is not for religious liturgy!
- Overall Opinion
- Trs good machine. But it is better to make your own opinion even before you buy ... must arponde you got, I know someone who is of ... but not me!
Here I think 2 1 / 2 years APRS my first opinion: I am still convinced that it is a good machine. I had the opportunity to test several other arrangers of various brands, and I'm really convinced that Yamaha is the best! All the time we can blame many things in PSR 2100. THE FIRST thing is that I broke a key on the keyboard when I have not handled the instrument as Johnny did with his guitar (that is a bit fragile!). But I could replace the comb touches me even, there were less than 25 euros ... I am shooting. Deuximement, comes a day when you want to have a supplment new styles of music. And that's prvu to add more! but the capacity of the memory is really too limited and does little that trs extension of styles and voices. Fortunately it is possible to add nanmoins styles, thanks to the drive, but it is not very practical and even a little ch ... Any extension of styles and voices in the User Memory Reduces storage capacity also of songs, need to know! and it seems that it is not possible to extend memory, or install a hard drive .... shame.
I would not conclude on a note ngative .... So let me again tell you that the PSR 2100 is a good arranger trs. There are also websites for adding new styles, voices and pads. I keep the score of 9 out of 10!N / A