Roland PC-160A user reviews
If you are not satisfied by the reviews below, feel free to request a user review for this product
User reviews in other languages
- Need a keyboard that takes up little space?
In the end, the Roland seems to take the most beefy on stage.
Works on all midi channels.
Pitch bend and modulation.
Good dynamic keyboard.
- Good touch
Configuration is very simple, but impractical live. Everything is done by entering numbers with the keyboard.
The manual is nikel.
Ah, the joystick bend / modulation is not top nikel him.
The modulation is a bit "all or nothing". When the bend on my model, you have to press hard enough on the right to have the last 1 / 2 ton (about 1 octave). On the left, it sticks. A defect or series I fell ill? Check this store. I realized rather late because I use the functions of "tuning" of the Groovebox it controls the bend of the keyboard.
- Overall Opinion
- Using this keyboard for a year, I am satistait, including quality. He knocked a lot on stage and doing well.
Probably one of the best choices for studio or live without the need to change settings from the keyboard.
To live with the change of parameters, prefer a machine with lots of buttons.
The price seems justified given the quality / strength that seems a cut above the other products I've seen.
[Edit my notice in January 2003: After walking along many keyboards master, it appears that the feel of the PC-160A is really excellent. One of the best I've seen in the light touch. With its build quality, that justifies every penny. I stopped using it some time because of the extended keyboard too small for my needs, but with the purchase for a MIDI patchbay, it seems that he will again join my config stage. If I claim, it will be only buy MIDI]N / A
- His main interest: its size and very light. It takes up little space between the screen installed on a PC and keyboard, and it is a little larger. The power transformer is standard and the wire is sufficiently long.
The unit is robust, I did that for two months so I can not say what will happen over time, but I do not worry!
low price, paying 99 euros new!
- The key is nice, better than an A33 for example. The buttons are not too noisy.
the joystick is not unusual, it is not progressive enough, we tend to go too fast too much of anything.
The configuration mode is identical to that of the A33, that is to say a little blindly, but the manual is very clear, it comes out easily.
transposing keys are quick and can move quickly from one octave to another. (+4 / -4 Max)
- Overall Opinion
- For now I'm excited. As part of a configuration computer music, this keyboard is perfect, it goes everywhere, it is robust and very practical. He does not fake like some keyboards masters competition.
For live musical expression, one could possibly miss the lack of aftertouch. For groundwater or Młoda, the machine quite simply, as long as you use it only with one hand.N / A