Karma Lab KARMA Motif Software
Karma-Lab has released KARMA Motif Software, a dedicated PC/Mac program for the Yamaha Motif XS and XF.
KARMA Motif also debuts the KARMA 3.0 technology with new features including:
- 8-track design (6 KARMA Modules, 2 Keyboard Layers) per Performance
- Per-track Volumes and Mutes stored in each of the 32 Scenes
- Fill Feature - use one or more modules as a melodic or drum fill
- Advanced Stutter Feature - rapidly “stutter” the entire groove at different rhythmic resolutions
- Master Transpose - play in one key, generate output in another, switchable in real-time
- Intelligent Chord Trigger Transposition - control the Motif's arps, hits and SFX
- Performance Notes Feature - integrated detailed documentation for each Performance
- Remote Control Mode - maps the Motif's Remote Mode to KARMA's interactive features
- Redesigned Single Window Interface
KARMA Motif's Performances use the Motif's Song/Mixing mode, where each of the 64 songs is a 16 part multi-track KARMA algorithmic music groove. Each Performance features six KARMA Modules, with a left hand and right hand zone for controlling KARMA and soloing on top of it, and eight different scenes. The Motif's arps are also integrated in each Performance as additional elements that can be triggered via the Intelligent Chord Trigger Transposition features.
A 13 minute Video Introduction has been produced demonstrating KARMA's interactive performance capabilities. View it here: karma-lab.com/kmo/video
More information, including links to documentation, tutorials and user forums, can be found at karma-lab.com/karma-motif.