Cort EVL-Z4 - Black Satin user reviews
If you are not satisfied by the reviews below, feel free to request a user review for this product
User reviews in other languages
- Sorry for the title I wanted to make fun of my friends french, no hard feelings to the fact;)
-Made in Korea or are factory produced several Cort PRS and Ibanez.
-2 Pick pickup humbucker EMG HZ-H4
- -The handle is perfect: very good mix between speed and comfort
-The perfect shape too, all notes are easily accessible
-This gives a good sound for just about any kind of music: punk, hardcore, metal, rock, reggae, ska ...
-The key is very low standard not need adjustment
- It suits my style so it performs better in clean and distortion that is very focused on the bass and midrange. The bridge pickup has a surprisingly light, almost hi-fi. It is clear that the EMG HZ H4 is derived from the EMG 81 in the sense that the metal is easily accesible with huge palm mute but with a warmth that was all just not 81, so the best of two worlds. I play now on the Marshall JCM 900 and the Peavey Bravo 2 are the lamps.
- Overall Opinion
- I have this guitar for 8 years and I do not sell it because I was not able to find him a guitar which comes close in the same price. I sold a godin lg, an Epiphone LP Standard and a Gibson LP jr since I did because it was not as good as my cort. The one that gives it a twist of the yarn is made in my Charvel LS1 japan has the basic cost over $ 1200 so ... I love its shape, sound, the look that kills and the price given the quality of the instrument. 8 years of loyal service without any problem, here is what I call a success
- In which country was it made? MADE IN JAPAN
How many frets, what kind of microphone and their configuration? 22 frets and pickups: 2 EMG HZ
What type of bridge (Floyd, Wilkinson ...)? Fixed bridge
What are the settings (volume, tone, micro switch ...)? 2 volume, tone and selector
What kind of stick? Bolt-on maple
- The handle is it nice? super nice, because it has a Les Paul shape, I was afraid that the handle is big but it is very pleasant and fingers balladent alone above even solo
Access to acute (last string) Is it easy? yes very easy!!
Ergonomics is it good (in terms of shape, weight ...)? very surprised too, not too heavy guitar for a Les Paul like !!!!! and the small building on the table allows quii well posed arm is awesome !!!!!
- Are they suitable for your style of music? I want my nephew!! it is made for metal!
With what (s) amplifier (s) or effect (s) do you play? On a good old marshall with no effects or wah occasionally
What kind of sound you get and with what settings ("crystalline", "fat ",....)? very versatile: metal, rock, blues!! on the other hand are not looking to funk with
What are the sounds you prefer, you hate? I like: metal and blues sounds!! (Yes blues)
I do not really like the clean sound but with a little chorus goes ca
- Overall Opinion
- I've had two years!
and frankly I do not regret!
is one of the best I've owned quitar!!
The sound fits perfectly in style! very enjoyable to play
the only problem would be just the volume knob where it's almost there ern sound, you turn and there are few shades more ... .. damage to the violin effect ..
value for money mad!
throw yourself over
- This guitar was manufactured in Indonesia:
Description of the gem:
- Mahogany body
- Maple Bolt (distinction that is glued evlz6)
- 22 frets.
- 2 EMG humbuckers HZ/H4 (Emg 81 in liabilities)
- A volume, tone
- A 3-position selector
- Tonepros an easel with strings through body, which compensates for the sustain the handle screw.
- Dark Satin black hardware very gothic!
- Finish: Satin black metal Lespaul beautiful form.
- -Surprise: the handle is nice and can play fast, easy access to acute.
And then I take a point for the strings mounted home on this beautiful guitar, in fact, I do not even know the brand, but they are horrible, for 1 to 2 € more a quality game would have been correct perfect.
The body is perfect Lespaul type, much lighter than others, ergonomics has been redesigned with a recess for the action of the arm doitier, and the balance is perfect, one of the few guitars that does not locks on the straps!
- You got this guitar for the metal is already a big sound, clean it more just, there's also the amp that plays ...
But at that price, it's hard to get better.
- - Well yes, a very good second guitar for the big sound, so everything is open in Heavy, rock, metal, it is made for that.
- I use a Vox AC 30, tube preamp, the sound is already great and add a AX3000G Dunlop MXR Korg or a double shot for the big distortion.
- Sounds fat does not cause problems, more trouble with the cleans, but it's not his vocation.
- I like all the sounds with Guitar rig2, but hey we will be honest not all clean.
- Sounds FX going well for lovers ...
- Overall Opinion
- - 2 years ago
- I like the ergonomics, weight, and microphones!
- Yes, I am a "collector" in a sense, age is here!
- The value is excellent, Cort differs widely with EVL,
the quality of the violin, EMG pickups, a look that changes BC-Ritch, short
at this price, hard to beat.
- What choice? Which it has no equivalent in its range.
- Chinese guitar, but do not laugh, yours and mine would certainly be close ... :-P
Evidenced by the strings and original settings (HORRRRRIBLES! !!!!!), done a one-week break as the guitar takes its brands and will quickly adjust to the change and the springs that serve as rope.
A handle (wood tree), 22 frets, very comfortable to play, or too thin or too fat, impeccable.
The bridge is fixed, the strings through the body, the guitar is stable and does almost no tune, the dream! (I leave a EDR470 Ibanez and I was going to finish it with an ax so the floyd was unstable). PS: settings (harmonics) of the bridge are mounted force in their homes, do not messed up trying to remove lol.
There is a tone and two volume settings are inaccurate, it limits the on / off.
- As noted above, the handle is very comfortable to play.
Access to acute is easy, it's really pleasant to use.
It is slightly heavy (more than an Epiphone SG and unless ergodine Iba), but the fasteners are correctly positioned, it is well balanced.
We get it a versatile sound using two microphones, round and warm with lots of gain on the neck pickup and quite acute and slamming with the bridge pickup, nothing new.
PS: Make all the same that the switch has been installed correctly (mine was mounted upside down), the Chinese may not have eyes in front of the hole ...
- Then there was the big question mark when I bought my EVL, there was the look, the brand of microphones, of course, it would be good for playing metal, but for his clear, what was it be ???????
Well very pleasant surprise, she is doing excellently, the EMG HZ H4 know to be versatile, clean sounds are crisp and sharp, even a point of satisfaction and more for the price / quality ratio.
I play on a Behringer GMX212, and ca send serious, my only regret is to have neighbors !!!!!!!!!
His level, no problem for me, it sounds good in all circumstances, Rammstein, SOAD, Metallica (nothing else matter), it's done with eyes closed.
Only a metallic resonance over the last 3 strings (Elixir) is heard when playing rope rope crystal clear sound.
- Overall Opinion
- I use it for three months, before I had a Cort X2 and an Ibanez EDR 470 EX, I think I'm really happy to keep it.
Excellent quality / price ratio, just for the pickups, it's worth it!
If I had to buy me a guitar, it would be an EVL Z6 (for the active pickups), and again, is it worthwhile to bother with batteries when you have a sound that is appropriate.
So in this price range, it is advisable eyes closed!
- Guitar Made in Japan (well it is on our faux pas rever mdr 400)
22 frets, beautiful pentacles used as landmarks
no floyd, only the strings traverssants the handle.
Note that the absence of Floyd is really unfortunate because in this price range is the floyd tendency to do as they please.
Adjusting microphone volume severe acute pickups, Tone, 3 position selector
The handle is not bad, asser end (less fat than a les paul and an ibanez rg less fine ..... it's precise)
- I find the handle super nice there is nothing to say.
The access to treble is pretty without being a copy we would miss a good row of the same price!
This gives a very very good sound! In this game of emg prices are miracles
mircos are the emg hz h4 therefore very good passive pickups then ... if you would prefer to have a sound with more punch I advise you to be a emg 60 bridge and 85 bridge (at the mick thomson) or easel surreali 81 85 bridge
- This Gratt agree very well to my style of music that ranges from neo metal to nu metal .... the most extreme
good for now is a little gallery with my amp fender bullet 15 dsl (not the best of the best on our metal: s) but it will soon change!!
the microphones jadore grave! means a kind of aspect metamlique very nice!
- Overall Opinion
- I am the User since yesterday (yes c't christmas ^ ^)
I find that really stands out cort some concurrency with the instrument that changes the ordinary to be a lock or a bc rich moser (Dedications a black widow)
I think the report really unbeatable quality price! That metter of emg hz h4 a scratching at 400 before?!
I'm buying the 400 in a hesitan on it is an ibanez rg choice ... I do it fast ^ ^
The first thing that my tape was cete sdon guitar classic look without being ^ ^
Frankly, if you aver that a plow for 400 vs play metal that look like you love the telecaster james root of black satin that Aier vs vs pter front of the girls with the EMG of your idols, is made cettte Gratt for you! of more than confirm debtan! it did do q1an I oue and a half and I will not separate myself from this Gratt
- The Cort EVL Z4 is made Idonsie, and frankly, my Ibanez compar manufactured in the same country, CORT is 10 times better.
22 frets of good quality. EMG HZ H4 Micro is the EMG 81 in liabilities, and it gives good trs.
Strings traverssant the body, no longer bored with a vibrato or a floyd.
Trs comfortable handle.
- Access in acute facil.
Trslgre, and yes, he stumbled be too thin to make mtal, this grate TLE without problem.
the sound is good trs, I use a Marshall MG100 DFX trs it is good.
- It should all styles of mtal, but we can address the Punk-Rock if the following SETTING THE amp.
I use either my personal amp, and gives the thunder, or I use a multi effect G7.1ut Zoom, and it rained not bad, but nothing beats the distortion of Marshall.
Xon trs fat and warm.
- Overall Opinion
- I use it since 1 August 2007, a purchase on a favorite.
I love his playing comfort, whether standing or assimilated, this guitar was well in hand trs. What I can blame him is that no-lock strap, the strap tends to block the con that we do on scne.
I ssay MODEL ten before you buy, the seller had good mare.
Price level quality is the best, a cover 360 TOBAGO understood, it beats grata in 500 so I said RESPECT.
If I should take me a Great, I probably resume the same. unless I win the lottery, in which case I take an ESP clips.
Gratage good on this beautiful CORT trs.
- It is a les paul type guitar made in Japan.
The neck has only 22 cargo, it is quite thin and very enjoyable it allows a quick game.
The bridge is fixed.
The body is equipped with two EMG-HZ humbuckers high quality 3-position selector allows one to play with the bridge or neck pickup or both simultaneously. Three knobs allow for good quality rgler in the order of the neck pickup Tone, Tone sound and the bridge pickup setting is fairly progressive and means audibly.
- The handle is trs enjoyable to touch and allows a quick game access to the middle notes and treble is very fast, Access in serious (especially the first fret) requires a little more training for beginners to make it sound good.
This guitar is solid body weight allowing it to have a good sustain trs (trs long notes last for a guitar made for beginners) should nevertheless have a good broad strap if you want able to play comfortably.
Its sound distortion is simply sublime trs well it collects large distos hard to make, however, for example by playing with the amp it works well trs for rock, blues, funk. Her little weakness comes in clean mode or the sound is not as clear as one would like to have (it's not a telecaster on it ^ ^)
We can say that the EMG work wonders even on his cot small amps.
- It can play just about any type of music but will give its full potential in the hard, metal and even blues.
It currently runs on a marshall mg 10 cd or she dlivre trs a good sound, however, to have it tested on an Fender Custom series we see that it has great potential
Priori distortion sounds with more or less pushed or otherwise, if it sounds to play while crystalline pass your way.
- Overall Opinion
- I use it for 3 weeks now, its deep black color is beautiful and it looks really good trs (the only thing I drang pentacles are the marks on the frets as I am a fan but not too good) the head has a shape rather unusual but nice. The finish is very neat about this guitar rather what inspires confidence.
I tried before buying the Squiers, Gretch, Ibanez and Tanglewood, and I'm rather happy with my choice for my second guitar.
The report qualitprix is unbeatable for me (bought at my favorite store 360 with bag, strings, picks and stand) and EMG are probably a few things ^ ^
With more perspective I think I would do the same choice (must say that I pass the test after noon a guitar store to make my choice)
Résumé for excellent guitar for beginners taking lessons (not self-taught as you may galerez a little serious on the frets) or as a second guitar to pass the speed suprieur, I think we can keep easily 4 5 years before making the turn. Made him priviligier music with distortion and other effects it is or it is best expressed. For the price it costs, and given the competition for the guitars in this price range (250400) I would say it is the best plac
After 6 months of use I return on the notes is the rise is really beautiful with a good amp the sound is just beautiful in clean distortion crunch or weight that fatigues one time, and a slight lack of pr knobs in the decision limit (for Chipotte really ^ ^) great guitar