MusicMan Luke II user reviews
If you are not satisfied by the reviews below, feel free to request a user review for this product
User reviews in other languages
- In which country was it made? (USA, Japan, Mexico, France ...)
Musicman made in USA san luis obispo california
How many frets, what kind of microphone and their configuration?
22 frets medium, EMG active pickups, two single signature SL20 Steve Lukather and dual EMG 85 in bridge
What type of bridge (Floyd, Wilkinson ...)?
While the bridge is between a floyd and a start type tremolo, ruthlessly efficient, it allows all the follies of shreddeurs, the agreement fully and yours does go out of tune almost forever if it is properly adjusted. AD mechanics allow a change of strings ultra fast memory are shales (sorry for the spelling of the mark ^ ^)
What are the settings (volume, tone, micro switch ...)?
Then a volume knob and one tone tone mmmmmm Dailleurs talking about, I do not think it is essential on this guitar, we would have preferred a rotary switch for a wider range sonorre for microphones, selector 5 position is very good, but I wish I could put three pickups in series and you can select the bridge pickup + neck I finally chipotte a bit ^ ^
What kind of stick?
AAAAAA handle ^^^^^^ what regia, a V-shape in birds eye maple + rosewood fingerboard a selected one of the most beautiful race in the upscale market
10 went hop!
- The handle is it nice?
The best I tell you, the only flaw is that when you get used to, it does little more play on anything, pleasant to the touch, rapid access to acute disconcerting through the junction sleeve Corp. cut, it is perfect, if you like the sleeves of strat go for this one is even better!!
Ergonomics is it good (in terms of shape, weight ...)?
The guitar is very well balanced, very light, perfect shape, everything is well thought out on this guitar and especially thoughtful for those who have small fingers because this guitar has a small pitch so for those who do not have fingers 'alien is nikel!
Do you get a good sound easy? ...
Hmm yes provided you have a cable and an amp ^ ^ whatever the vacuum is quite surprising!
- Are they suitable for your style of music?
So knowing that I play all, mainly steve vai, being left handed I needed a guitar with a floating vibrato in good order to be able to play all the follies of shreddeurs ^ ^ so that it lends itself very well. for rock's great there's nothing to say there 's grain ca exudes high-end! acdc fan of Led Zeppelin do not laugh this guitar kicks ass all your les paul and sg, I have both models and I sold them to tell you. jazz fan can be good it depends on the veulouté and a little more complicated to obtain whatever it fesable if you like Mike Stern is good guitar will do
With what (s) amplifier (s) or effect (s) do you play?
Rocktron voodu plugged into a valve for use with headphones is simply allucinant all. plugged into an orange tiny terror for rock and sounds clear is ENORMEEEEE and I weigh my words! dynamics of crazy mind-blowing sound with the amp has a background we believe it's the simple stratum, a les paul its supercharged with double
What kind of sound you get and with what settings ("crystalline", "fat ",....)?
Stratocaster + Les Paul with a rail of cocaine before playing!! It sounds both vintage and modern is wonderful. just a side handle its typical hendrix with a lil something extra that makes the sound and warm, the microphone of the sound environment cleared to really have a very nice fender sonnorité on arpeggios, then twice with a lààààààààà a big crunch or distortion is the sound of Van Halen Lukather and mixed grain teeth of the gain in resale hallucinating
What are the sounds you prefer, you hate?
when I unplug the guitar to return it in the box ^
- Overall Opinion
- For how long have you been using it?
2 months of use
What thing do you like most/least about it?
Like everyone, 24 frets would've been a little more but hey that's enough 22, euuuu the less it is not on the luke ^ ^ ^ ^
Did you try many other models before getting this one?
Lots of U.S. strat paul of ibanez, they do not take the road opposite the weapon of mass destruction, U.S. metalheads store your dean and other bc rich, the luke you put the pate, buy the luke
What is your opinion about the value for the price?
Imported from the USA I had for 1800 euros with the guys went to the luthier for a set of microphones, the only negative ouiiii voila !!!!! the pickups are not adjustable, they must put springs or foam but it is a detail that is quickly set for little money.
For value for money, it's simple 5 baaaaaa guitar for the price of one and not very expensive baaaaa it is exellent
Knowing what you know now, would you make the same choice? ...
Yes I will soon buy a second or axis super sport, but I'll stay for life in musicman go for everybody, it's worth it to break its tirellire an instrument of exceptional
- Not much more to add than what is dj post below ...
- The handle is enjoyable trs, matt varnish, which does not catch, V-shaped profile that can actually be inappropriate, but everyone must then be REALLY a chi ... No need getting used to, it was at once the instrument in hand with a sense of always having over jou ... The guitar is very well balance, not too heavy and perfectly adapts to the game live. It also apprcie (dtail is a but ...) you can place the box in the trunk of a Fiesta without being forced to pull the rear seat ...
I'm a big fan of vibrato ... I really like the Vintage Musicman Luke, A model of simplicity but what agrment!! Although sr, maintenance agreement does not compete with that of a Floyd if you mistreat a bit but for 90% of plans, it's really top notch. I do not speak the facilitrapidit change from a string Floyd, users habits have me understand ...
The overall finish is of high quality is a Musicman!
If I compare my Vigier Excalibur, I regret that the handle does not have 24 cases ... I find Access in an uncomplicated acute is probably the criticism I would make this guitar, if I really need to find a default ...
- Luke is the trs versatile in terms of sound. We can not play with any prs, both in clean, crunch or saturated (or hyper saturated ...). Now it is certain that the assets have an EMG clean the identity either, does not please all. The sound is prcis, chased some people call "surgical" and make this a default statement. For me it's the opposite, the grain I'm looking for so that I will probably team trs my other guitars EMG. It does not bleed, it is no background noise is both powerful and clean, no wonder that the great Steve is the first player / user. Although Obviously, the whole is largely conditioned by the proposed upstream. Personally, I adopted a system that every computer "Guitar Rig 3" branch on a power amp Marshall EL 34 + 1922 Marshall two baffles. The EMG of Luke are trs mnage good with this type of config trs numrique the database (but all the same a little heated by the lamps of the EL 34 ...). The EMG also appciables trs recording because no background noise in spite of their output level ... If you want a glimpse of what has to be, I invite you cost a few plans on my myspace: [url] http://www.myspace.com/dominikhardy Everything t jou with Luke to record, there is a clear, at very high gain and high gain! !!!!!
- Overall Opinion
- I use it for a few months and it's really a skyscraper I love normment. I have two other great guitars (two Vigier) I like a lot but simplicitefficacit of Luke sduit me as always. As I said above, there is no damage to Luke 24 cases since then ... There would be no issue, Luke would become the universal guitar, it is dj a little, for me anyway!
On price, Obviously it's not given! But in the case of all the instruments of quality and for the lucky as I found this guitar second-hand tat perfect for a little over 1000 euros ... this award is a gift!!
I would do if this choice is an obviousness and j'espre acqurir ending for an Axis power and Silhouette, just to change a few dreams !!!!!!
- See below, everything is there!
- Handle very nice, access to top treble, good balance, and the sound .... bah plug and you will see ....
- I am fan of Hendrix, Led Zeppelin ... in short I have always had scratches typed vintage ... the last was a strat clapton ... a priori guitars with active electronics modern type, was not my thing ... yes but that the scratches do ... I know all the plugs into a Vox AC15 type rather vintage ... so good ... its clear neck pickup slams ca ... not as much as my strat but little wing passes all alone ... the emg 85 is cut to rock ... good crunch to the most saturated harder! The output level is very important .... whistling harmonics easily ... with a pedal Ibanez TS5 (model derived from the TS9) and my AC15!
- Overall Opinion
- Guitar just outstanding ....
- Guitar manufactures active in the United States, San Louis Obispo, California, guitarist Steve Lukather signature of the group Toto (among others ....), has 22 frets, two single coil EMG EMG humbucker SLV20 and 85 to levels of vibrato.
The vibrato in fact, is a MusicMan vintage or Floyd, or simple, if we play on his rglage, an incredible precision, the more you play, the more prcis, which is nice, it ' is to 'tap' on the extrmit vibrato, tremolo for a hell ....
A slecteur 5 positions to move from one micro to another or to mix ', also quite steep, it is because we quickly change unwanted nuisance when playing, and a SETTING THE SETTING THE volume and Tone for ensemeble microphones.
The handle, with a form particulire trs, which can be awkward at beginners, but they quickly take trs trs in hand (no pun intended)
- Let's talk about race. Ernie Ball on the site was The definition follows, deep V, in fact, the back of the handle is lgrement V-shaped, which makes the handle dplacement trs simple and we also have a good performance of the agreements, without forcing the left hand. The back of the neck is not painted, and is an incredible rapidity, the more one feels trs soon ease, and it is a pleasure to play vritable on this guitar, even no amp, just like a.
The part that allows the attachment of the handle on the body is hollow, which allows great ease your checks to the high notes.
The ergonomics are excellent, and it's mostly light weight for a guitar of this type. Just 3kg!
To get a good sound? You just plug it into an amp and play youth
- It should all types of music, rock, funk, blues, hard rock, grunge same, jazz .....
I play on a Marshall combo VS100R, but I can not wait to try it on an amp Fully lamp, and the effect, come see my bio, it will be easier ..... lol
For sounds clear, simple privilgiez mics, they are more enjoyable, even if the 85 is perfect, there are more sounds with SLV20. For example, the neck pickup, just play on the Tone to pass a stratum ', has a Les Paul, in terms of roundness. For rhythmic funky, make a mix with both SLV20, playing on the Tone lgrement, everything should be fine issue with this guitar.
For sound fatter, you may as well stay on SLV20, for example rhythm, but for a solo, the prfrez EMG85, which has more sustain, but to play the hendrix, the level SLV20 the handle, plain as saturated is a wonder !!!!!
Freedom for example, or even purple haze, a place as a letter in the mail!!
I love all the sounds of this guitar, nothing is thrown, nothing!
- Overall Opinion
- I use it for 4 months, and I play it so I spend two sets of strings !!!!!, a month instead of two per quarter !!!!!
I love the sound, the look (I've finished now found new order, blue dawn, a sunburst of blue mat terrible !!!!), the least we can find one would be the price, 2400 average for the nine, but, but, but, dj has worth, but not see n'histez The models used, I do, in gn ral guitarists who have bought this guitar are trs trs careful, and you get an excellent guitar for a reasonable taken (1500, purchased in Australia on the internet for my case, port frait and tax included)
I have tried many guitars, SRV, Clapton, Les Pauls, but I j'tais dj on the Achteras one day, do not hsiter.
The report price is quality even when consquent, we can not say otherwise, but it is a high-end guitar trs low to medium SERIES, made with special care at the finish, so the price is honnte.
I would do this choice, with the same conviction that I have now.
- Does it makes the United States (California, San Luis Obispo)
There are 22 Frets, EMG pickups that sound a Humburking EMG85 in acute and 2 singles in the SL20 customiss mdiums and serious
Music Man is a bridge of all that is really more flexible gnial.
A slcteur 5 positions a volume and tone.
Handle small tuning fork Saddle Mouchet
- Frankly it's the guitar neck as pleasant as possible.
Utra lgre she is doing too well.
A well on the micro Hendrixien serious.
Work on the tone pots trs is interesting.
Eddy A +
- For HardFM Blues Rock that's what ki is the most deadly
Marshall Mesa with his sounds Rivera
Crystal clear sound with good distortion Gras
- Overall Opinion
- This makes 6 months
I love its shape, color and finish.
We feel the price when signing the same, but his Soone