Boss eBand JS-10

Multi-Effects Processor by BossView website

Average price: €429

Users' review: Average mark of 4.5/5 for 4 reviews

Boss eBand JS-10 : stompboxjon's user review

"Great for teaching" 10 (10/10)

Characteristics 10/10

If you are looking for a unit that can help you practice with your guitar playing or bass playing then you will love the Eband JS-10, it is also very good for its songwriting abilities. I am no beginner to guitar playing and bass playing so I am always weary of buying units like these because they tend to be gear more for beginners who are just starting out, but that is not the case with this unit. It is great for all levels of playing. I give out guitar lessons about twice a week and it is very good for me to help teach my students how to play and I actually recommend them getting a JS-10. There are many neat features that you can utilize on this unit like the effects that you get that are made by Boss; they are a huge plus and something that I did not expect to get for the price of this unit.

Utilization 10/10

Setting this up and using it could not be easier, I have been using it more and more over the last few months because I have been working with more students and this has become my number one go too tool for working with them and teaching.

Sound Quality 10/10

The sound on the JS-10 is second to none; it has a great sound system built into it that I did not expect it to have because most systems in this price range will lack sound quality. The reason why this is such a great tool is because you can do anything at the touch of a button like change the key of your song or transpose it a key up or down quickly and easily. This is crucial for beginners learning to play by ear.

Overall Opinion 10/10

It comes with plenty of loops and backing tracks to practice with. If I could do it all over again and was not a teacher, I would still buy the eBand JS-10 but probably just more for the effects and transpose option. But since I am a teacher all of the other stuff is a huge bonus.