[NAMM] Waves Mashup App
Waves Audio joined forces with Musicsoft Arts to introduce Mashup, a new iPad app.
Featuring a playback engine and effects, Mashup lets users play and mix directly from their iPad music library – plus download tracks from DJs like Junior Sanchez and Kris Menace. Mashup is a mobile DJ booth, with EQ and analog-style resonant filters, Vinyl Touch scratching, and independent time-stretch and pitch-shift for each of its two stereo decks.
Users can also use Waves MaxxAudio enhancement, available at an additional charge. MaxxAudio for Mashup includes MaxxVolume dynamics control, which is designed to increase the output levels of headphones and external speakers; MaxxBass psycho-acoustic bass enhancement; and preset sound modes for earbuds, headphones, docking stations, home stereos and club systems.
- Dual stereo decks with EQ and effects
- Independent time-stretch and pitch-shift for each deck
- Analog-style resonant high pass/low pass filters with touch ribbon control
- Free downloadable music from DJs and producers
- Vinyl Touch glitch-free scratching
- Record stereo mixers, then drag and drop into a computer
- Play back a track in a user’s library
- Users’ iPhone or iPads can cue the next track over a WiFi or Bluetooth connection
The Mashup app from Waves Audio and Musicsoft Arts will be available Q1 2012 from the iTunes store with pricing to be announced.
For more information, visit www.waves.com.